HomeAway, based in Austin, Texas, is the world leader in vacation rentals with more than 2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries, and is a part of the Expedia, Inc. family of brands.
HomeAway offers an extensive selection of vacation rental homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online. experiences together.
As part of the Digital Platform Team, you have a unique opportunity to develop real-time data solutions from an expansive event pipeline and access to cutting-edge technologies to solve problems of scale and speed.
- Develop services to collect, enrich, and persist information on stream and Big Data platforms
- Develop RESTful API services enabling programmatic access to data products
- Work closely with data science and product engineers to design and build scalable data pipelines and products
- Design and implement high-performance data models in NoSQL database technologies
- Develop and configure resilient batch and real-time data processing jobs Dockerize apps and microservices for CI/CD deployment
- Participate in resolution of production issues and lead efforts toward solutions
- Develop and maintain high-quality software using best-in-class tools: Git, Splunk, New Relic, Datadog, Qubole, and Jenkins
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
- 8+ years of development experience including at least 2+ years in Big Data space (i.e. building data pipelines in Hadoop/Spark/Stream platforms)
- Expertise developing in Java, Scala, or other JVM-based languages
- Strong understanding of OOP/OOD/Functional programming principles
- Experience includes building high performance, distributed systems, and solving web-scale data engineering challenges
- Proven technical lead using technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra (or other NoSQL database), Elasticsearch, Java, Scala, Hive, and KafkaExperience with of all aspects of data systems including data modelling, ETL, aggregation strategy, messaging, and performance optimization
- Possess a working knowledge of stream processing systems and dealing with unbounded data
- Experience developing on stream platforms such as Samza, Storm, Spark Streaming, or Kafka Streams is a plus
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Parental Leave (up to 20 weeks based on eligibility)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages, including breakfast on Fridays
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.