HomeAway, Inc. an Expedia group company, is the world’s leading vacation rental marketplace with over 2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries. Our global platform spans across over 50 websites and 23 languages.
As a part of that family, HomeAway Asia is a rapidly expanding business unit focused on emerging markets growth, while having that same commitment to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental that creates unforgettable travel experiences together.
Love data, science, technology & coding? How about vacations? Want to be part of a team where that all comes together? Want a chance to drive an extraordinary experience for travellers by connecting them with millions of vacation rental properties? Passionate about building and putting complex models into production to solve relevance and personalization problems, great at model implementation, testing and evaluation? If so, then HomeAway has a Software Engineer role and would like to talk to you!
- Dedicated to delivering tested and optimized high performance code for a distributed SOA environment (our stack satisfies 10s of thousands of requests per second!)
- Develop quality scalable, tested and reliable applications using industry best practices
- Work with QA, product management and operations in an agile environment
- Create and maintain quality software using best-in-class tools: Git, Splunk, New Relic, Sonar and TeamCity
- Participate in resolution of production issues and lead efforts toward solutions
- Opportunities to showcase your work on our tech blog and internal & external conferences
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- Excellent communication skills with ability to work well cross-functionally across multiple department
- Experience working in an enterprise, Agile Software Development environment
- Ability to write clean, coherent, well-documented code
- Strong Object Oriented Programming concepts, data structure, algorithms, and system level programming (including multi-threaded programming)
- Thorough understanding of Software Development Lifecycle and methodologies
- A degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Experience in Core Java and J2EE
- Proficient with algorithms and data structures, design patterns, domain driven design, multi-threading, concurrency, caching and distributed systems
- Experience with build systems - Ant/Maven
- Experience working with web services (SOAP and/or REST) and SOA
- Experience with Relational Databases: MySQL, MS SQL, etc.
- Experience with Continuous Integration (Jenkins or TeamCity)
- Understanding of basic Linux or Mac system
Some of the perks you will enjoy:
- Relaxed dress code so you can be yourself
- Employee insurance and benefits
- Spectacular modern offices with views over Robertson Quay, Singapore Flyer and CBD
- Fully stocked kitchen with free drinks, fruit, free food and good coffee
- An active social committee who organizes quarterly team social events
- Great people and an awesome, unique culture where we celebrate our successes and take pride in our authenticity!
To find out more, check out: