Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, an Expedia Inc. company. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
As for engineering, we solve problems of scale and work on cutting edge and open-source technologies. Our culture is one that flourishes with solving difficult problems focusing on product engineering based on hypothesis testing to empower people to come up with ideas.
Challenges you can work on:
Welcome to the Payment Services Team. We're in charge of the platform that allows vacation rental owners to take online payments from travelers around the world. This includes controlling the movement of funds from payment processing all the way to owner payout and all the financial reporting in between. Our platform executes billions of dollars worth of transactions and represents a 24x7 mission critical suite of services. In recent releases we have added new payment options for travelers, like Amex and Apple Pay, and have expanded the options for Suppliers to receive funds around the world. We are working on creating an eCommerce platform that will allow any traveler around the world to pay with their local methods and allow owners to receive those funds securely in their preferred accounts.
Technologies we use:
(Current) mvn/jetty, java, node, reactjs, sql, rabbitmq, SLF4J, JMX, RESTful services; (Migrating)AWS, DropWizard, Cassandra, NoSQL, Apple Pay, Android Pay.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of back-end Java development. Java8 is preferred but Java7 is good. This role is primarily a back-end development role.
- Familiarity with MongoDB preferred
- You have excellent communication skills with the ability to work well multi-functionally across multiple departments
- Your open-minded creative approach problem solves complex challenges
- You love to teach and learn from your co-workers
- You focus on shipping software that matters to your users and the company
- It’s obvious to everyone around you that you have fun with your work and with your co-workers
- When you join this growing team, there's always someone heading to lunch to tag along with, the occasional whisky whatever-day-we-choose, a stocked beer fridge, and a relaxed yet hard-working atmosphere - think mimosas on Friday mornings during a particularly busy ramp up to our last major launch. Sure, we like to have fun, but we're delivering amazing code, too.
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Team beer fridge / Scotch tastings
- Extended paid maternity/paternity leave
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
Technical Recruiter: Keith Punches