HomeAway, based in Austin, Texas, is the world leader in vacation rentals with more than 2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries, and is a part of the Expedia, Inc. family of brands.
HomeAway offers an extensive selection of vacation rental homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online.
Product Manager – Marketplace Health
Interested in a rare opportunity to help grow a healthy, two -sided marketplace? Are you passionate about building great products? The Product Manager – Marketplace Health will join HomeAway's product team to drive compelling marketplace incentives and encourage positive partner and traveler behaviors. This role would be responsible for the delivery of policies and products that reduce friction points to the booking process. A successful individual should be able to seamlessly span technology, operations, market management and data science/analytics teams to create and implement compelling products that drive the greatest traveler conversion.
- Drive the vision and delivery of the Marketplace Health policy and product portfolio to remove marketplace friction points to successful bookings such as cancellations, fees and off platform transactions.
- Collaborate across Traveler, Partner and Mobile product line teams to improve conversion in the traveler and partner booking experience.
- Act as the product champion and evangelize the product vision effectively to stakeholders and independently drive alignment on product requirements.
- Evolve marketplace features through a “build, measure, learn” approach, informed by A/B testing and statistical analysis of customer behaviors.
- Conduct competitive analysis to identify gaps and opportunities that will further inform the product roadmap for our platform.
- Work closely with Data Scientists and Technical Leaders to understand how to develop the business case for innovative, revolutionary and disruptive new capabilities.
- Collaborate with the development teams to evaluate technical options. Work closely with business and technology teams to prioritize and schedule enhancements, new features and fixes.
- Drive the cross group working sessions to ensure alignment for strategic initiatives.
- Manage resolution of urgent technical issues, communicating with global business stakeholders and escalating as necessary to ensure timely resolution and minimize business impact.
- Track and report on key metrics.
Required Skills /Experience:
- 5+ years of Product Management experience in a high-tech company.
- Prior experience delivering online marketplace and/or eCommerce-focused products.
- Proven track record managing multiple ongoing complex projects and implementation of web applications, while delivering on schedule.
- Experience utilizing web analytics and testing tools to aid business decisions.
- Ability to manage large, complex projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated experience in adopting product management best practices, standards and policies.
- Ability to manage international projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to collaborate closely with design and usability to drive product enhancements.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- High level of initiative and desire to create a world-class user experience for our customers.
- Experience with complex information architecture and content management a plus.
- Experience with online travel and/or consumer marketplaces preferred.
- BS or BA in related field.
- Must be willing to travel 10% Internationally.
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.”