As for engineering, we solve problems of scale and work on cutting edge and open-source technologies. Our culture is one that strives on solving difficult problems focusing on product engineering based on hypothesis testing to empower people to come up with ideas.
HomeAway is looking for a Sr. Engineering Manager who is passionate about cloud based solutions and modern software architecture to hire and manage a team of full stack developers, building out the Enterprise Systems services platform. This brand new platform provides incredible efficient and fully integrated access to Sales, Customer support team platforms supporting millions of Travelers and Homeowners.
Challenges you can work on:
- Use realtime data to understand customers’ needs before they do
- Dockerize our apps and services for cloud deployment
- Develop features that will drive our business through real-time feedback loops
- Develop a smart service layer that will allow for in-session personalization and programatic responses based off user behavior and data
- Scale our public API and services to enable other HomeAway products and teams.
Node.js, React.js, Backbone.js, Hadoop, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, AWS, Mesos, Docker, Linux, Jetty, Kafka, StreamSets, Java8, NoSQL
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Hands on technical leader with 7+ years of current experience developing services enabling consumer facing web applications using NodeJS, Java, Restful Services, etc.
- Experience solving for scale with micro-services and service-oriented architecture
- Commitment to quality and velocity
- Results oriented with the ability to inspire passion in others
- Relentless high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo) and uses data to make technical and product decisions
- Sales and Customer Support experience is a plus
- Manage and lead a team of backend Engineers following Agile methodologies
- Use your excellent communication skills to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
- Collaborate with data science, product management, enterprise systems, and data teams to develop the product
- Hire and develop great people
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass