HomeAway, Inc. an Expedia group company, is the world’s leading vacation rental marketplace with over 2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries. Our global platform spans across over 50 websites and 23 languages.
As a part of that family, HomeAway Asia is a rapidly expanding business unit focused on emerging markets growth, while having that same commitment to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental that creates unforgettable travel experiences together.
The Sr. Director, APAC Sales and Supply is responsible for leading Partner Success account management teams within Asia, Australia and New Zealand, covering both business-to-consumer (For Rent by Owner, “FRBO”) and business-to-business (Property Manager, “PM”) segments.
The leader is responsible for achieving APAC Gross Booking Value (GBV), revenue, supply and supply competitiveness goals across all APAC key destinations.
The role will manage teams to optimize supply (for booking conversion, content, rates, and calendar availability), acquire attractive inventory in high value destinations, and develop strong partner relationships.
- Directly lead and develop the APAC Sales and Supply Sales teams. Position reports to VP, Global Partner Success and will work closely to align the APAC sales and supply efforts with the global sales and supply strategy.
- Lead the Sales and Supply team’s continuing transformation from achieving acquisition sales, retention, and upsell targets set at the Brand level, to a Partner Success team focused on achieving GBV, revenue, supply and supply competitiveness goals for APAC’s key destinations.
- Collaborate with the Regional Directors (RDs) of both ANZ and Asia to ensure sales and supply initiatives are aligned with overall ANZ and Asia strategies, and to focus sales and supply efforts on key destinations within the RD’s region of focus.
- Partner with RDs to create business plans to enter and develop new markets.
- Drive innovation utilizing a scientific test and learn methodology, A/B test/control testing, and tracking incremental ROI of sales programs.
- Lead a strong operational (processes) and technical (systems and tools) integration with Marketing, in particular for the FRBO segment, to realize a CRM proposition where Sales and Supply execution is a component fully integrated into broader end to end Marketing and Sales campaigns.
- Ongoing optimization of staffing levels and sales processes to drive increasing productivity while achieving sales and supply targets.
- Collaborate with Expedia’s Lodging Partner Services team to pilot new supply acquisition and optimization programs.
- Manage the APAC operating model across all sales teams including weekly, monthly, and quarterly updates, forecasts, action plans, and business reviews.
- Engage with partner departments including Customer Service (key account support), FP&A (sales forecasting/budgeting, headcount planning, and expense budgeting), HR (talent acquisition, talent management, and compensation planning), BD (partner channel operations), and Sales Ops (sales training, creation of sales budgets, reporting, and partner onboarding).
- Build the company profile with key local influencers (e.g. tourism bureau, channel partners, etc.) and represent the company at key industry trade shows and events, in collaboration with Marketing.
- Develop and sustain strong partner relationships by ensuring partner ROI and booking volume objectives are achieved through regular partner contact and engagement, including setting mutual shared success goals with partners.
- Lead the execution of overall market business plans to meet or exceed KPI metrics (targets, goals and/or strategic objectives) set by global sales and supply leadership
- Effectively manage working relationships, team's productivity and morale despite internal or external pressures.
- Other reasonable duties, as assigned
Qualifications & Experience
- 5-10 years' experience and Master’s degree; degree in Hospitality, Tourism or Business Administration is a plus but not required
- Demonstrated success in leading sales organizations through material change.
- Consistent track record of achieving performance targets, while developing the team to prepare for change needed to be successful in the quarters and years ahead.
Travel and Destinations Experience
- Deep knowledge of the travel industry, including key players, market trends, high level requirements and success factors from a supply perspective.
- Deep understanding of supply competitive dynamics at a destination level, and of operating and organizational models allowing control on destination performance.
Drive for Results
- High impact personality: intellectual agility, entrepreneurship, empathy in relationships, team player.
- Hungry, ambitious, motivated, action-oriented, results-focused and metrics-driven.
- Organisation and time management skills, rigor, attention to details.
- Proven follow-up/persistence when facing challenging situations
- Ability to multi-task effectively; must be able to change gears quickly without skipping a beat.
- Ability to organize a complex organization for significant focus and process change linked to shifting from delivering on total supply goals, to fundamentally delivering on GBV goals supported by supply competitiveness goals by destination.
- Integrates change processes with organizational business plan.
- Coaches team members in behaviors for personal effectiveness, results orientation.
- Sincere relationship builder; earns the confidence of others.
- Bridges and sustains productive and long-term internal and external partnerships based on mutual support through a collaborative style.
- Outstanding analytical and strategic thinking skills, including demonstrated general problem- solving skills and an intense curiosity to identify trends and ensuing business needs.
- Appetite for innovative technology, fast-changing business environment, data-driven decision making.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize work and be laser-focused on achieving a variety of KPIs (targets, goals and/or strategic objectives) set by the VP, Global Partner Success.
- Ability to select and present insightful dataset including performance, market and competitor analysis and to implement meaningful action plans based on the data.
- Proficiency in English required.
- Ability to effectively communicate to various levels and through a variety of communication channels.
- Ability to identify the decision-making style of stakeholders in order to influence direction of decisions even when holding a position contrary to the majority.
Build & Maintain Teams
- Able to work independently as well as be a strong team player, always seeking to improve team and organizational performance.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, coach and mentor a diverse and geographically fragmented team, effectively managing performance and mobilizing team and resources to achieve or exceed set goals.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams successfully in a fast-paced team environment.
Travel will be required for market visits (up to 50%), potentially including ~3 global trips yearly.
Some of the perks you will enjoy:
- Relaxed dress code so you can be yourself
- Employee insurance and benefits
- Spectacular modern offices with views over Robertson Quay, Singapore Flyer and CBD
- Fully stocked kitchen with free drinks, fruit, free food and good coffee
- An active social committee who organizes quarterly team social events
- Great people and an awesome, unique culture where we celebrate our successes and take pride in our authenticity!
To find out more, check out: