HomeAway, based in Austin, Texas, is the world leader in vacation rentals with more than 2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries, and is a part of the Expedia, Inc. family of brands.
HomeAway offers an extensive selection of vacation rental homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online.
HomeAway, an Expedia Inc brand is hiring for a Director of Strategic Development. In this role, you will be a key member of the Corporate Strategy team, responsible for leading corporate strategic initiatives including business development, corporate development, strategic planning, and new business incubation activities. This role provides a unique opportunity to gain exposure to a wide cross section of HomeAway’s business operations and work across the entire spectrum of key functions within HomeAway. You will work closely with the product, marketing, analytics, finance, and sales organizations to drive corporate strategy initiatives focusing on helping HomeAway evaluate, test, and scale exciting new business opportunities and strategic initiatives.
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories? That is what we do here at HomeAway.com. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
- Collaborate with HomeAway’s executive and senior management teams to develop and implement strategic priorities
- Work effectively across all business and support functions (Executive Management, Corporate Strategy, Business Intelligence, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Product and Technology) to coordinate activities and lead strategic initiatives
- Coordinate and conduct the strategy process; lead teams in the framing of complex business challenges, understand the “big picture” quickly, identify key issues, prioritize analysis & drive subsequent analysis to arrive at a well structured solution
- Define and drive the vision, strategy, and processes for key strategic initiatives to help HomeAway expand into new markets, business lines, and opportunities
- Develop thoughtful and well structured strategic analyses and frameworks to help create alignment and prioritization of new opportunities across the leadership team
- Develop and execute approach and implementation for partnerships and strategies that accelerate the establishment of new business opportunities
- Assist with ad-hoc strategic projects and annual strategic planning process as needed
- Evaluate and address inbound business development and corporate development inquiries
- Leverage existing network to drive strategic initiatives and partnerships
- Derive insights from internal and external data that enables leadership to make critical business and investment decisions
- An MBA from a top program with a record of academic excellence
- Over five years of work experience in roles such as a top tier consulting or investment banking firm, strategic development/business development, or in-house strategic planning functions
- Experience in real estate market, particularly multi-family housing a strong plus
- Experience/familiarity in travel/vacation rental sector also a plus
- Over two years in a leadership role
- Demonstrated ability to run operationally efficient projects for ambiguous, complex assignments
- Comfort dealing with ambiguous business situations and helping drive towards clarity and action
- Proven track record of creatively designing and executing partnerships & successfully negotiating and closing partnership deals
- Familiarity with technical elements of typical online businesses and marketplaces
- Experience in travel and/or vacation rentals and/or the web a strong plus
- Exceptional modeling skills (SQL, Tableau, Excel, etc.) & analytic horsepower to drive data analysis with or without the aid of additional resources
- True passion for the travel and vacation rental industries with desire to form on-going industry relationships
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.