HomeAway, based in Austin, Texas, is the world leader in vacation rentals with more than 2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries, and is a part of the Expedia, Inc. family of brands.
HomeAway offers an extensive selection of vacation rental homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online.
Challenges you can work on:
As a highly competent engineer, you will develop fast, scalable, highly available, and reliable micro-services that will process thousands of requests per second. Having access to real-time data and exposure to optimize with machine learning, you will understand customers’ needs before they do. Additionally, you will be developing features and APIs that will drive our business through real-time feedback loops in the cloud. Other responsibilities will include ownership of continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) while utilizing Agile methodologies. As part of our continuous learning culture, you will have the opportunity to participate in exciting global company hackathons and various career building courses with co-workers of all levels of expertise.
Technologies we use:
- AWS, Docker, Mesos, Dropwizard, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Kafka, Hadoop, NoSQL, Java, Git, Splunk, NewRelic, Jenkins, NodeJs
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- You have excellent communication skills with the ability to work well multi-functionally across multiple departments
- Your open-minded creative approach problem solves complex challenges
- You love to teach and learn from your co-workers
- You focus on shipping software that matters to your users and that matters to the company you’re building it for.-
- It’s obvious to everyone around you that you have fun with your work and with your co-workers.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Location: Denver, CO
Recruiter: Keith Punches