This place is economical & on the Ocean. If those are the most important things for you, then this is the place for you. That was my criteria when I booked this rental.
First the good things (and there are more good than not-so-good):
* Property clean & well-maintained.
* Owner very helpful in suggesting sites & answering questions, but stayed to himself.
* There is a table & chairs out front to enjoy coffee in the morning & wine in the evening (and listen to the waves, birds, & frogs).
* Friendly neighbors walk by.
* There is a BBQ out front (very nice)!
* Kitchen well equipped.
* Laundry in the facility well equipped.
* Nice location in the Puna district. Close to warm ponds, farmers markets, volcano, 40 mins. south of Hilo.
That being said, there were a few issues:
* Internet - there is a community internet with poor connectivity that fades in and out (only worked outside). No WiFi in the facility.
* Ventilation - on the ground floor with sliding glass doors. We locked the doors when leaving, so came back to a stuffy place. Only one ceiling fan (in the kitchen) & one pedestal fan to move between the bedroom and living room.
* Sleeping accommodations: 1 double/full bed & day bed - in the bedroom; 2 couches in the living room. Will not sleep 4 comfortably (only 2).