Bottom line: Great! Fairly central location with everything you need nearby, clean and new apartment, kitchen facilities, free internet + a cute balcony. Only really minor problems like not enough dishes and a bit of street noise in the front room. Would stay again & definitely recommend.
In October 2010 my parents and me went to visit my brother who was going to school in Utrecht. It is really hard to find hotels in the area that sleep 3 people, or if you do find one it's often pretty pricey. Plus we wanted the convenience of being able to cook for ourselves. We found everything we needed at this apartment.
- Location! It was not right in the centre of town but it was perfect for our needs. It was only about a 15-20 minute walk right into the main centre of town, 20-25 minutes or so to the central station. And just a short walk away were many pubs, restaurants, & shops (including groceries)
- Clean and new
- Sleeps 3 - 2 in twin beds in the bedroom. The 3rd person was on the futon in the living room. The futon was comfy enough.
- Kitchen facilities: stove top, microwave, fridge (no oven)
- Free wi-fi, reliable
- Tastefully decorated in a very mod ikea kind of way. Pictures are representative
- Back patio - we didn't get to use it because it was too chilly but it would be great to have your morning coffee there
- Great big kitchen table
- Price for what you get is fair although the whole having to pay extra for linens thing is a bit weird to us
- Friendly owners - I didn't personally deal with them but my Dad said they were very friendly and helpful
- Door code made it easy for all of us to come and go as we pleased with no key
- Only 3 of every kitchen item! My brother came over for a lot of meals and there were 4 of us but then we only had 3 plates, 3 knives, etc. We made do but it would be good to have a few more dishes and utensils
- The noise from the nearby train is a bit loud in the front room if you're trying to sleep on the futon, it didn't really bother us though. It was super quiet in the bedroom if the door was shut.
- No bathroom towel rack - we were always hanging our towels on doors or piling the on the little table in the bathroom - kind of annoying
And it's not really a con, but if you don't know your way around I would suggest maybe a cab to get their the first time. My parents arrived before me and walked and apparently had a bit of trouble finding it.