My family stayed in this vacation home from 12/9/13-12/15/13. This is my second time to visit Hawaii, and I have stayed in 5 vacation homes (in the U.S.) so far. Based on my experience with diverse vacation homes, this is my favorite vacation home which I ever visited (in my reasonable price range). Although this home is not an excellent hotel, this is like a real home.
Here are what I like most:
1. Well organized - this home is very well organized and cleaned.
2. Nice equipments - this home already has what you need in Hawaii (beach towel, mat, snorkeling stuffs, and even water shoes -- I guessed that some of them were left by other occupants but they are very clean and organized).
3. Safe neighborhood - this condo is well maintained by office and security persons at the front gate.
4. Hawaiian style home - I was very impressed by nice Hawaiian decorations.
5. Nice Kitchen - You don't need to buy anything to cook. They have pretty much everything. Although there are some specific stuffs were missing, we did not encounter any major problems.
6. Nice owner - I think that this owner was well organized and very kind. I was worried a little bit because of a comment below, but I was very impressed by the owner's prompt response and coordination for our visit.
7. Good for family - This condo can accommodate about 6 people (one queen-size bed, two twin-size bed, and one sleep sofa).
Note: This home is much nicer than what you see in the pictures on this web page.
Here are some small issues I found (I hope these comments are not offensive to the owner.):
1. A little dust - Yes, we may have these dusts in our homes, so they are not a big problem. I found a little dust in ventilation and the fan in the bathroom.
2. Location - Makaha Valley is located at the north-west coast of O'ahu, so it may take about 35-45 minutes from Honolulu. If you plan very well where to go in O'ahu, this geographic does not matter; however, if you are not well-organized, you may spend more time on the road. Or, if your main purpose to visit O'ahu is to take a rest, then this home would be the perfect fit for you.
Overall, I would like to recommend this place for others, and I would like to stay this vacation home next time. In addition, this home is very eco-friendly because there are some used stuffs (e.g. shampoo, unopened foods, and etc). I think they are some left-over stuffs by the prior visitors, and I really appreciate the owner makes them useful again.