The apartment was not properly cleaned with stale milk in the fridge and dust. The beds in the sitting room consisted of mattresses on the floor with no proper beds or chairs provided.
The apartment was in fact about 25 minutes walk to the Alt Stad but there is a handy bus stop 50m down the road with buses passing about every 20 minutes at peak times.
We had to pay extra for the internet and were even charged the transaction fee for the deposit which was paid by pay pal. this was petty and irritating.
The nearby restaurants were a take away pizzeria and an Italian restaurant, neither looked appealing.
The bakery down the road however makes great bread and rolls. The supermarket across the road from the bakery has a reasonable deli and is OK.
In summary, I feel that the advertisement of the apartment flattered to deceive and I was disappointed with it. I would not recommend it to a friend even though it was pretty inexpensive. We had better accommodation throughout Germany and Austria at a comparable price.
Owner's Response: I would like to make several corrections to this review,
1. It is true that the extra bed in the living room consists of 2 mattresses one over the other. I have often slept there and I think it is qiite comfortable, I am very sorry the guest did not find it comfortable. In the living room the sofa is an IKEA sofa, 2 seats in a normal height and 2 low ones, and there are these 2 matresses over each other also covered by a nice cover with lots of pillows in the back where one can also sit. There are also 2 bean bags and a hammock.
In one bedroom there is a very comfortable double bed and in the second bedroom a sofa which opens into a double bed, and an armchair. In the kitchen there are also 6 comfortable chairs, so I don’t understand the comment that there are no proper beds or chairs provided.
2. The walking time to the historical center (down Bayernstrasse, Neutorstrasse and through the Neutor) is really at most 15 minutes. The guest writes it was 25 minutes. May be he meant some special place in the center, otherwise I cannot understand that comment. I also always leave a map in the apartment where I mark the way to the historical center.
3. On my homepage and also on my advert at holiday rentals it says that I charge for the internet €3 per day or €15 per week. I know other renters also charge for internet and I think the price is fair. The installation of the internet with the computer cost me €500 and I pay €39 a month to the internet provider, so I think it is fair to charge something for its use .
I also think it is normal for the renters to pay the transfer charges, when they make a downpayment. I always recommend to make the transfer via paypal to keep the transfer charges low. In the case of this gest they were €5,00
4. There are 4 really nice restaurants nearby, I am sorry the guest has not found them. I would gladly have explained to him where they are if he had asked me. Ganshofwirt is just 2-3 walking minutes away, Zur Einkehr, Bindergasse 17 is not more than 4-5 walking minutes away, Restaurant Riedenburg, Neutorstrasse 31, about 6-8 walking minutes away and Restaurant Wartenberg, Riedenburger Straße 2 about 5-6 walking minutes.
5. I am very sorry if the guest has found dust and a stale milk in the apartment. I can assure this has never happened before, I have been renting the apartment for about 7 years. and it is the first time a guest complaints that the apartment was not clean.
Did you find this review helpful?