Submitted: July 27, 2010
Stayed: July 2010
Our family made this a great time-we were together in one place.This is the 3rd. home we have vacationed in and this was so bad it was comical.
Here is what the description and pictures do not tell you.It is beyond shabby chic. The pool had no light rather it has one but did not work this caused great concern with 15 people in pool at night. The steps are not marked causing 2 slips into pool with scratches to legs.The gourmet kitchen _ bring your own knives and come enjoy a scavenger hunt for cooking utensils(nothing is marked and everything in strange places. Other rentals had labels on cupboards etc. so we knew where things were and where to return them) No we are not neat freaks .We just like order. Some light switches did not work ,some did.We could not find a vaccume cleaner or dust pan Ceiling fans,some worked did not ,some had super hidden switches,the fans that did work were causing us to look for a hardhat ,as we walked under them .They wobbeled all over!! One had water in it. It was our psychadellic fan!! Mold smell and water leakage upstairs(black mold?).The water shut off while 3 people were showering! The sofas in great room were filthy.The den furniture sofas torn.The air vents in hallways were filthy .There was not seating for 14 at dinner table,but we were together and had a good laugh at all the eclecticness and made the best of it all !!!
I would not recommend this to anyone unless you bring a repairman and a cleaning lady with you!
Owner's Response: One bulb was out under the diving board. To fix it we would have had to drain the pool, making it unavailable for the reviewer's visit. We found it very easy to see around the pool area with the patio/deck lights on — our pool guy was able to spot a single leaf on the bottom of the pool when he went to clean it. We were confident there were no safety or visibility issues. The people who just left said it was “absolutely no problem, we could see fine, the kids had no problem seeing the steps”.
Knives were hanging right over the sink, attached to magnetic holders, in plain view. But since the reviewer had trouble finding cooking utensils, we now have marked all the drawers and cabinets clearly — we thought this was a good idea, since we have such a large number and variety of pots, pans, dishes and utensils available.
We only found ONE fan that didn’t work properly. This was the fan in the living room, which we found to be damaged — damage that had not been previously reported. That was not water in the “psychadellic fan” it was ceiling fan oil from the damage caused by the wobbling, which itself was caused by someone bending the blade down. That fan has been replaced — we could have swapped it out in 30 minutes had we been notified.
We found ONE vent upstairs that had water condensation dripping on the floor, the dampness did cause some discoloration, but we found no mold. It has been fixed — the repairman said it was likely caused by running the thermostat so low for so long.
Rather than address all the other exaggerations by a reviewer clearly having fun writing a contrarian’s review, let's just say we are not a fancy hotel or resort. The Rockin' Y experience may not be for everybody. Eclectic yes, shabby no.
However, we are the essence of what makes Austin special: comfortable, accommodating, unique and memorable, with a diverse assortment of ways and places for our visitors to have fun and enjoy each other’s company.
Because of our growing popularity, and a record summer of near constant bookings, we have beefed up our landscape and maintenance crew, will schedule more down time for deep cleaning, and are determined to spare future visitors, as much as is possible, from dealing with any minor maintenance issues.
Helpful votes: 5/7
Did you find this review helpful?