Our Wedding Reception, October 2010
Submitted: October 28, 2010
Stayed: October 2010
We found this vacation rental online. My wife and I looked at dozens of properties throughout the city of Austin. We picked this one for a few reasons;
1. The size of the property was large enough to have the reception with 80 guests, it could have easily held more, but that was our head count we needed.
2. The property has an awesome "party barn" out back, in case the event was rained out, which was a real concern for October weddings in Texas. The large barn has pool tables, foosball tables, ping pong tables and much more. A few of our guests hung out there most of the time.
3. The home was able to sleep our entire wedding party and their special someone. This made it nice to hang out but more importantly easy to get ready before the ceremony since all the Bride's Maids and Groom's Men were there, plenty of bathroom space, both upstairs and down.
4. We had the event catered and the kitchen was set up for commercial applications, making it easy for the caterer to show up and start cooking. Note they have 2 refrigerators, ovens and an icemaker and more, all with lots of counter space.
5. The owners of the property also had enough large round tables, chairs, glasses, utensils, ect. so we didn't really need to rent anything additional for a reception our size.
6. We spoke to a few other rental properties on the phone but found that the representatives for this property truly wanted our stay to be memorable and were trying to help at every turn.
7. The cost, without question, was worth every penny; and we rented over the weekend but the value remained evident.
In the end, we received our full deposit promptly and without question. Absolutely I would recommend this home as a rental for traditional events like a reception, as well as corporate events. There is so much to do and it's all just minutes away from the Austin Downtown 'scene' yet quietly away from everyone on its 30 acres. I look forward to another excuse to rent this property and show it off to whomever we invite.
Families with Teenagers,
Families with Young Children,
Helpful votes: 4/4
Did you find this review helpful?