Now you can have the best of both worlds in central Athens. The convenience of being close to all of Athens' major sites and a home to call your own, away from the hustle and bustle. yet just 15 minutes by foot from the Acropolis.
Perfect for your short stop in Athens or a longer sojourn. Light, bright and airy, this contemporary furnished 2, 3 & 4 bedrooms with 2, 3 & 4 full baths feature large verandas, balconies & terraces, American style kitchens and open living rooms where you can enjoy your morning coffee away from the noise of the city.
Our bedrooms feature imported American Sealy beds & silky soft bed linens. Enjoy an ouzo on the veranda or the roof terrace, overlooking the Acropolis, or Lykavittos and the mountains. Just returning from the islands? Feel free to use our washer and dryer to wash away the salt before you head off to explore the sites & museums of historical Athens.
Please note that our rates are based on the number of guests. The rates shown here may not be accurate for your size group. Please inquire as rates for 5-12 guests will be higher.
Who would have thought when I boarded a plane for Greece more than 20 years ago, planning on backpacking through the mountains and then heading north through then Yugoslavia I'd end up making Greece my second home?
But here I am, 20 something years later, running a fabulous Greek vacation rental business with historic homes & penthouses in Athens and traditional Cycladic homes on the island of Tinos, planning Greek travel itineraries and leading small group tours around my adopted homeland and loving the life that I am lucky enough to be living. Of course I did pick up an equally crazy, workaholic Greek husband along the way, as well as a stray Greek animal or two!
Although I traveled around Greece for many years, after Basil and I married we started spending more time in Athens - usually staying with his mother. But I wanted a little pied a terre to call my own, and while spending a few months alone in Athens studying Greek I came to know the Pagrati Mets area, which I fell in love with. It's the perfect Athens neighborhood, full of squares (platieas), friendly locals, an outdoor farmers market three times a week - all within walking distance of the historic center and the best museums in Athens!
When Basil and I started looking for a place to call our own in Athens, I'd lived and rented enough Athens apartments to have some ground rules:
1. It must be walking distance (no more than 10 -20 min) to the Acropolis, Syntagma, Kolonaki & the museums.
2. It must have outdoor living space.
3. It must have a view that screams ATHENS. Of course an Acropolis view was first on my list, but the beautiful Cycladic St George church atop Lykavittos Hill is very beautiful as well - so either would do (and both would be smashing!)
4. Not many Americans know about the 'fotagogo' or air shaft that runs through most Athens apartment buildings. It is designed to air out the bathroom and/or kitchen, but also means that you have an early morning symphony from all of the units in your building ... not something I was willing to get used to (I guess I'm a bit of a spoiled American girl deep down)
5. Acceptable paper disposal after use. Yes, more of my spoiled nature came out when I started living 'local' in Athens and discovered that little sign in the bathroom: PLEASE DO NOT THROW PAPER IN THE TOILET (sometimes translated as: Please do not throw paper AT the toilet ....) Regardless, I needed to be able to flush my used paper ... and so, all of our homes offer the unique benefit of being able to flush it down!