In my recent stay I found the property to be centrally located for my needs and very accessible to NYC public transportation. It was also close to a variety of restaurants and bars and did not lack in providing the traveller an opportunity to experience the ambiance of what NYC is all about....high energy and 24/7 activity.
Some items that I was disappointed in were:
- There was no fire/smoke detector which I found uncomfortable given the age of the building, the fact the unit is 2 stories up, and there were no fire sprinklers in the ceiling.
- On a previous listing for this property it was indicated that an elevator was available but upon arrival there was none (due to recent knee surgery this proved to be a hinderance for me)
- The living room lighting was minimal with only the ceiling light working properly (one lamp had no bulbs and one wall light had a malfunctioning switch)
- The bathroom shelfs were dirty and unclean glasses were left behind
- Communication with the contact person was often sporadic and incomplete which left me frustrated in my attempts to resolve issues and get questions answered.
In summary, I would be reluctant in referring anyone to this unit until some of the issues I identified have been corrected.
Owner's Response: Dear C
First let me thanks you for writing me a review, I was surprise to get my 1st negative review but I guess its must come sometimes. I'm sorry if you had some "small issue" that was disturbed you.
Second, During your stay I don't recall you contact me at all to address those issue (you did contact me to get the keys when you checked in ) . most of those issue are cosmetics and if i knew about them I could take care of them.
as for Location is perfect and you mansion as a positive side ( Thanks) , About the building- this is a Normal Brownstone building that NYC have to offer (80% of NYC Apartment doesn't have sprinkling in the ceiling)
Lighting- As far as I know its not dark at all, If a bulb was burn its only a cosmetics,
Also Is the light ( the one on the wall right from the T.V- that get a bright light- which you can see in the photos ) was plugged to the power? sometimes other people unplug it by mistake and then the switch not going to work for you.
About Cleaning, sorry about the glass and dust I'll take care of it and if needed will change the cleaning services
This review help me to make changes and fixed things and I'll take care of it.
Helpful votes: 7/7
Did you find this review helpful?