Casa de Corazón is very private, set back from the street in a quiet location. It offers spectacular views, and is conveniently located a short walk from restaurants, la tiendas, grocery shopping, the main jardin, and more. In a town declared a national monument by the government of Mexico, this home offers modern comfort and conveniences combined with old world charm, custom hand-made furnishings and extensive use of Talavera tile.
Walk up the tile steps, through a small garden, and open the hand carved mahogany front door to enter the ground floor level with views of a three-story high atrium and glass roof. Tastefully furnished, the lower level includes the kitchen, living room with cable TV, CD/cassette stereo,high speed wi-fi Internet access, telephone, gas fireplace, a 4 seat breakfast bar, dining room, and half bathroom with beautiful hand-carved doors.
Continue up the interior tile stairway to the second level, where three bedrooms, two full bathrooms, and an outdoor balcony are located. Furnished Mexican-style, two of the bedrooms have matramonial / queen beds, (one bedroom has a walk-in closet, the other a hand-painted armoire and dresser),and share a full bathroom with shower. The master bedroom a king bed, a walk in closet, tile end tables, covered terrace, and a private full bathroom. All the 2nd floor bedrooms have ceiling fans and windows and all rooms open to the atrium, making the layout light and spacious. Colorful walls, furniture, Mexican folk art, and plants complete the feeling of comfort.
Another stairway takes you up to the third floor tower bedroom, which includes a wet bar, CD stereo, full bathroom, boveda ceiling with skylight, a window over the bed framing the Paroqia and French doors opening to a large terrace with seating, a mini fireplace and 180 degree views of the Paraquia and downtown San Miguel. Another even larger rooftop terrace is located on the south end of this level, overlooking a glorious jacaranda tree and a southwest 180 degree view of town and the Guanajuato mountains. The main terrace has a table 4 chairs and umbrella, perfect for dinner and drinks!
Features: * Fully-equipped kitchen, dining and living room
* Gas log fireplace,
* Wall mounted gas heaters
* 4 bedrooms and 3.5 baths
* Cable TV, telephone, 2 stereos, high-speed Internet access
* Maid service 3 times a week
* Washer and Dryer on premises
* Private gated entrance set back from the street
* Fabulous sunset views from the third floor balcony and rooftop terrace
* Easy downhill 7 minute walk to Parque Juarez
* 10 minute walk to Instituto Allende, the famous art and cultural institute
* 15 minute walk to the central Jardin with all the shops, restaurants, art galleries, and museums along the way
* Don't want to walk? Taxis are plentiful and charge only 20 pesos (approx.$2 USD) to go from the house to anywhere in town.