VERY Clean, GREAT Views, Dated Furnishings
I am starting with the Cons because I think it is important to read them first...
1. No linens or towels provided (though bedspreads/comforters and pillows are provided)
2. Spiral staircase is extremely prohibitive and difficult to navigate with arm loads and food and other items...anyone with knee problems or out of shape beware!
3. Beach access is somewhat difficult to walk after stairs end...Not entirely bad just FYI.
4. Mid floor rooms are noisy in the morning since the living area is right above them
5. NO INTERNET OR WiFi access!!!! phones batteries die fast! (there are a few areas in the house where sometimes a signal is available but not dependable.
6. Water pressure is shower is low
7. Beds are uncomfortable unless you like really firm
8. Sink basin is really low in mid level bathroom
9. One and only living room chair is very uncomfortable and dirty
10. Two couches in living area are from the late 60's? Not very comfy
11. 75 degrees is the coolest you can set the thermostat ??? A note posted explains that the cooling system is broken.
12. Windows opened but didn't want to close with the turn handle
13. No way to secure the sliding doors (5 total) open at night without leaving them ALL the way open.
14. Blanket throws and couch pillows didn't seem to have been laundered in a while
15. No beach glass in this area : (
1. Beach is great, not busy, no stones, shallow for a long way out then a sand bar which is very accessible... great for kids and non-swimmers!
2. New propane grill
3. Washer, dryer, frig and dishwasher are newer
4. Beautiful view from top floor!
5. Adirondack chairs are comfy and so is the other deck furniture
6. Good amount of TV/satellite channels to choose from
7. 3 bathrooms... one on each floor
8. Lots to do in the surrounding areas...but plan ahead because you won't be able to do any internet searches.
9. Outdoor shower with hot/cold water is fantastic for the kids who get covered with sand!
10. BIG tub in 1st level bathroom!
11. Fires on the beach are fantastic!
12. Firewood can be purchased at Stony Lake carryout for .25cents/piece
13. Wide range of games, books and movies available.
14. I thought the house was VERY, clean (even though the cleaning lady left a clump of hair in the mid level shower and a chewed piece of gum in a waste can in one of the bedrooms)
This house wasn't for me but has a lot of positive!
Helpful votes: 1/2
Did you find this review helpful?