Enjoy life on the mighty Penobscot River...
The River House is now available for weekly rental or long-term lease. Nestled among the pines, this secluded property affords the peace and tranquility Maine is known for, far from the hustle and bustle of the city, yet close enough to catch your next flight in just minutes. The River House can be your home base while you take day trips to Acadia National Park to the south, Baxter State Park to the north, Campobello down east, and the popular coastal ports and mountain villages to the west.
This special property is:
• Just 3 miles from I-395/exit 4.
• Only 15 minutes from Bangor International Airport.
• Only 15 minutes to Eastern Maine Medical Center.
• Only 10 minutes to Hollywood Slots Casino.
• Only 8 minutes to Cianbro in Brewer.
• A quick 20 minutes to Bucksport.
• And just 25 minutes to the University of Maine.
Stop, take a deep breath and relax.
From the River House, one can enjoy quiet contemplative hours of bird watching, fishing, kayaking and canoeing, hiking, swimming and more... all just steps from your front door. Aaaaahhhhh... the perfect getaway!
If you are looking for privacy, solitude and enjoy the outdoors, this is the place for you. From the deck you can watch the eagles soar... from the shore you can catch a striper... in the summer you can while away the hours watching the boats go by ... in the winter you can listen to the thunderous cracks of the ice flows in the river. Imagine painting, writing and creating with nature’s inspiration!
The 1-acre Orrington, Maine property boasts over 100’ of shoreline, with magnificent southerly views down the Penobscot. Bordered by a stream and seasonal pond, and filled with the fragrance of wildflowers and perennials, the wooded lot is a haven for wildlife. The home is reached by a well-maintained private dirt road.
The home was constructed in 1978 on the site of the Union River Ice House, which was founded in 1882. The remains of the old foundations and artifacts of the past can be found in and around the property.
The unique round design of the house is reflective of mid-century modern organic design... with a funky twist. Radiating from a central spiral staircase, the open concept and curved walls create a smooth continuous flow. The expansive wall of glass that encircles the main floor connects one with the outside ... as if perched in the treetops. The remarkable architectural design is in harmony with nature … its forest green wood siding blending into its surroundings.
The Main Floor amenities include:
• A fully equipped kitchen with breakfast area.
• Expansive open Living, Dining, and Den areas... all with spectacular views.
• Guest 1/2 Bath.
• Wrap-around deck with screened-in entertainment area.
The Downstairs Sleeping quarters include:
• Master Bedroom with private entrance, full bath, walk in closet.
• 2 additional Bedrooms.
• 3/4 Bath.
• Utility Room with washer/dryer and outside entrance.
• All new luxurious Berber carpeting and fresh no-VOC paint in all the bedrooms.
All this could be yours...