The 'Kona Sugar Shack' is a lovely traditional Hawaiian style home surrounded by lush tropical gardens. This specialty lodging is surrounded by lush tropical gardens. From several of the spacious lanais you can watch migratory whales, spinner dolphins, kayaks and spectacular Hawaiian sunsets. Relax in the waterfall pool while you sip a Mai Tai, BBQ fresh island fish and let the weight of the world slip away. Our home is located within a one minute walk of White Sands beach, where you can snorkel and scuba dive with colorful tropical fish and sea turtles. The Ocean Views are incredible. Special features include: Water fall Ocean view pool: Several private suites, which when combined can accommodate up to 20 guest: Brazilian hardwood floors, Lime Stone counter tops : Laundry room with (2) each, propane commercial coin operated washers and dryers: Photovoltaic, net metered panels: Solar water heater; Low voltage exterior lighting: A/C units in all bedrooms : Tile shower stalls: Security cameras with remote video monitoring : Sprinkler system; Carport + rear parking total 8 parking spaces: Kona Sugar Shack is a number 1 rated Specialty Lodging facility on Trip Advisor and Lonely Planet: Home is Turnkey with antiques and artwork.
Celebrate a special occasion with us or just kick back and relax poolside. Our home has (6) bedrooms, (5) baths, (2) full kitchens and (1) efficiency kitchens and (1) outdoor lanai kitchen overlooking the Pacific Ocean and our pool. There are areas where everyone can gather, as well as gardens, (3) lanai and private suites for naps or quiet times.
General Amenities Provided
· In ground pool overlooking ocean
· free wireless Internet * cable TV/dvd
· linens – sheets, towels, beach towels
· eco-friendly - photovoltaic electric and solar hot water panels
· off street parking free
· tiki torches * propane BBQ grills
· hair dryers, liquid soap and body wash
· organic bananas * herbs (when available)
· Beach Gear
· beach towels * mats * beach chairs * umbrellas * coolers * beach chairs *
· sand toys * boogie boards and more
· Fully equipped kitchens * with coffee grinders and appliances * in sink disposals
· basic spices * dish and dishwasher soap *garbage bags and more
· baby gates * high chair * portable crib *stroller
· coin operated washers / dryers * soap, dryers sheets, spot remover * iron & board
* Photos and more information:
Please visit us on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/Konasugarshack * http://www.vrbo.com/97506
Our Dated website www.konasugarshack.com You will find a floor plan of the 1st and 2nd floors. Mouse over each room and a thumbnail photo will appear on the right. Click photo to enlarge. Click small 'X' at bottom of page to return to previous page. The Anniversary and Ocean Suites are both on the 2nd floor and can be adjoining.
* Guests Reviews: http://www.yelp.com/biz/kona-sugar-shack-kailua
SUITE DESCRIPTIONS AND RATES – The Sugar Shack is made up of several private suites which when combined can accommodate up to 20 guests. * $875 to $1200 per night / $550 to $625 One time cleaning fee, plus tax
(4) King Beds,
(1) Queen Beds
(8) Twin Beds
(3) pune'e beds (Hawaiian day bed)
Anniversary Suite - Sleeps (2-5). Approximately 900+ sq ft. (1) King Bedroom, (2) Twins in living room, (1) pune'e bed on lanai. This suite has a great room, kitchen with limestone counters, dishwasher, French door refrigerator, ice maker, large private lanai with view of pool and the ocean with Pune'e bed and dining table, full bath. This suite has wonderful breeze from the mountains at night and the ocean during the day, along with ceiling fans. Bedroom has A/C and ceiling fans. May open passage door to connect to the Ocean Suite.
v Ocean Suite - Sleeps (6). Approximately 1400 sq ft. (3) bedroom with (2) King beds, (2) Twins beds and (1) pune'e bed, 2 bath, 2 private lanai with ocean view, living room, dining room, full kitchen with ice maker, dishwasher, all bedrooms have A/C, and ceiling fans. May open passage doors to connect to the Anniversary and Mango Suites.
v Mango Suite - Sleeps (4). Approximately 600+ sq ft. (1) Queen Bedroom, (2) Twins beds in the living room, kitchen with ice maker, private garden with BBQ grill, full bath, living / dining room combination , all bedrooms have A/C and ceiling fans. May open passage door to connect to the Ocean Suite.
v Honeymoon Pool Suite - Sleeps (4). Approximately 600+ sq ft. Studio Suite with (1) King bed and (2) twins beds and (1) pune'e bed on covered lanai, full bath, private outdoor kitchen with granite counter top, full size refrigerator, disposal, A/C, and ceiling fans.
v The futon couches have been replaced with the Bahama ensemble - couch and chair w/ bolsters – makes into two comfortable twin beds.
* General Excise and Transit Accommodation Tax is 13.962%.
* The Security Deposit is the same as the daily rate and is refundable if there is no excessive damage or cleaning.
* Check-in is 3:00 p.m. / Check-out is 10:30 a.m.
* There is a $20 per day charge for each person over the number that the rented suite sleeps.
* When possible we can accommodate late checkouts at 1/2 the daily rate.
* 50% to hold reservation and remaining balance due 30 days prior to arrival.
* Cancellation & Return Policy:
Cancellations more than 90 days prior will incur a $200.00 penalty, but the remainder of your deposit is fully refundable. Cancellations within 60 days of arrival will result in loss of deposit and all monies paid if space cannot be re-booked. If space can be re-booked, a $100.00 cancellation fee will be charged and the remaining deposit will be refunded.
Please call us toll free at 1-877-324-6444 discuss any special needs or questions you may have about our Inn or your visit to the Big Island.
Mahalo Nui Loa, 'J' and John
1600 Ala Moana Boulevard, Suite 2708
Honolulu, HI 96815-1406
PH: 808.895.2203 * Toll Free: 877.324.6444
Studio Jomac: www.johnmccaskill.com
After years in the corporate world, we have found a new life in paradise where we are free to pursue a new phase in our lives. John is a passionate artist and tennis player. 'J” swims, hikes, snorkels, cliff jumps and loves the underwater world.
We wanted an unobstructed view of the ocean and to see sunset from our home every day of the year. it was also important that the beach be nearby (2 minute walk).
Tropically landscaped with plants and citrus trees. In ground pool and sunsets every night of the year. Watch from the pool or your private lanai.