Great city, upstairs unit may have mold issues
We stayed in the upstairs unit, it was nicely done, fresh w/ newish windows,
fixtures, paint, everything seemed perfect. But, after a couple days, the
pretty constant smell of mold became more apparent. It helped to keep the
windows open, but after the third day, I came down w/ very bad asthma which
I only very rarely get, normally due to mold.
I would not recommend this place for anyone who may be sensitive to mold.
The smell is present throughout the unit, though it is strongest in the stairs
leading up to the top floor and in the closets in the bedroom.
Except for the smell, the place is cute, functional, well appointed and in a
good location. The owners were prompt and communicative, it really only
has one (major) issue as far as I can tell...
Owner's Response: We always wish guests would share any and all concerns with us during their stay rather than after the fact. Had I known our guests were uncomfortable in any way I would have found other accommodations for them to ensure their visit to Ashland was perfect.
Regarding the concern of the smell, we believe what may have happened is a new eucalyptus essential oil air freshener we just started using. It has a very earthy smell and, since it's a store bought product, I'm sure it could have caused an allergic response. I've very sensitive to smells as well so I completely understand how that can happen after extended exposure. We stopped using the fragrance immediately after receiving this review to ensure no one would have any allergy issues again.
Additionally, we hired inspectors to go under our house just to make sure we weren't missing anything and their report stated that the house was bone dry, no mold.
Finally, we've taken out all of the carpeting in the house and restored the beautiful original fir floors to further help guests that may have had any allergy issues. Because we welcome small furry friends in our home we believe the hardwood floors will be much more comfortable to all guests including anyone who might be allergic to pets because we'll be able to completely clean any pet allergens between guests.
We are thrilled with the beautiful new floors and with the knowledge that our home is totally dry. We welcome our future guests to enjoy the home as much as we do!
Helpful votes: 3/4
Did you find this review helpful?