We have a beautiful fully furnished 2 storey, 3-bedroom condo inside the walls of old Quebec.
It is located in a small historical building (built in the early 1900's) and is just half a block from the vibrant St-Jean street with its, tourist attractions, shopping district, fine dining, entertaining night life and public transport.
- over 1200 square foot
- skylight on second floor
- brick walls
- wooden floors
- 2 large bedrooms with queen beds and a smaller one room with a double bed. Crib is available in the master bed room.
- 1 and 1/2 bathroom. Upstairs is a huge bathroom with separate bath and shower
- real wood fire place
- all major appliances included - 4-plate stove/oven, fridge, microwave, dishwasher, in-suite washer and dryer.
- paid parking is available behind the building. This is not included in the rent. Price is approx $10/day
- stand-up fans in every room and portable AC upstairs
- includes utilities, heat, basic cable, basic internet and local-calls only phone.
- this is not a party building
- Absolutely no pets and no smoking allowed for allergy reasons.
My name is Geneviève. I grew up and went to school in Quebec city. I moved to Vancouver where I started my career in journalism. I fell in love with the west coast and settled in, but I always wanted to keep some ties in Quebec. I share my passion for my 'culture quebecoise' with my family. I only speak French to my daughters since they were born and I am very proud to have fully bilingual children.
We bought our condo in 2007 because we thought we would settle there again but changed our mind. So we decided to keep it for our kids and rent it out. We think it would be great for the girls to have a place to live in the old city if, and when, they wish to attend a french university - and for us to use it occasionally when visiting family.
We totally fell in love with our condo on the first visit. It was also my husband's first visit to Quebec City and he thought the 'old city' with its surrounding stone fortifications and very old buildings was like walking in medieval Europe in the middle of North America - but still have his daily dose of delicious croissant and steaming espresso, two minutes walk from the condo.
It is really convenient to be able to walk to wonderful restaurants, bars, boutiques and public transport - If you like fine dining, a family member owns the restaurant Le Patriarche. Make sure you mention that you are a guest at our condo when you dine there.
During the summer, you will feel like you are right in the middle of the on-going season festivities. And in the Winter, the silence is deafening, interrupted only by the stuttering sounds of horses footsteps on ancient cobbled stones. It is also an excellent home base for Mont Sainte-Anne ski resorts and Carnival de Quebec.