Severe Water Damage -- Do Not Rent
Submitted: February 5, 2012
Stayed: February 2012
While the place had beautiful views of the slopes and the upstairs was a nice layout (quite lovely), one bedroom had significant and severe water damage. When you entered the place, you wondered what the smell was coming from and we learned why. We could see that they tried to repair the ceiling of the room but there were still red/brown water marks at the top of the ceiling and all along the ceiling and walls of an alcove where the window was in the room. The room was uninhabitable and smelled of mold. Everything in the place while nice was old. Some plates and bowels were severely chipped and had gouge marks in the bottoms of them. We strongly suggest the owner repair the bedroom as it might be a health hazard. Sad because it seemed like a nice place.
Owner's Response: Thank you for the response. The owner has been renting at Sugarbush for 40 years and this is the first issue they have had. We would like to point out the renter stayed the entire weekend without notifying the owner of the issue. The renter also stayed an extra night at no charge (at their request) In case of an issue the renter will notify the owner immediately as the owner does not live in VT. The owner has staff that cleans and checks the condo regularly. Please note: Staff was in condo 48 hours before renter and leak was not visible. In this case the owner was not notified and the renter stayed the full 3 nights without complaint. The owner was notified of the issue only when the renter posted it on HomeAway. We encourage all renters to notify owner if there are any problem as their Property Management is on call to fix it. Vermont winters can be tough and the properties are under constant supervision to insure damage does not occur. We would also like to note it was rented for 10 weeks prior to this renter through Homeaway and no complaints were reported.
Helpful votes: 4/5
Did you find this review helpful?