Ideally located at the corner of Saint Urbain and Rachel, main entrance of Parc Jeanne Mance and Parc Mont Royal, the heart of the Plateau Mont Royal, one of the fashionable neighbourhoods in North America. Close to pubs, cafes, shops and a laissez-faire ambience, we offer magnificent large and open areas over two floors totalling 1,600ft² plus a South-West facing terrace of 400ft². Including:
- Heating, cooling, ventilation and electricity ;
- 42'' plasma television HD with Videotron PVR-HD and subscription ;
- Unlimited high-speed internet ;
- Unlimited local calls ;
- 1 master bedroom with two double beds and private bathroom ;
- 1 huge and luxurious home spa with bath and shower ;
- 1 bathroom upstairs with toilet and vanity ;
- 1 big bedroom with King bed ;
- 2 bedrooms with Queen bed ;
- 1 huge and luxurious kitchen all equipped ;
- 1 dining space with dining table for 8-10 persons ;
- 1 enormous 600ft² open space with sofa for 8-10 persons ;
- 1 presidential office space with personal computer in the open space ;
- 1 ottoman Queen bed in the open space ;
- 1 400ft² private terrace.
South-West orientation with sunlight all year round.
COMFORT AND SUSTAINABILITY WITHOUT COMPROMISE: This building is Green in many ways -- next to the best biking and hiking trails that Montréal can offer, walking distance from commercial areas, easy access to public transportation, etc. It was also renovated to the highest existing sustainability standards by leading specialists from ABOVE Technologies inc. including:
- extra indoor natural light provided by top quality LED lights achieving -85% reduction in power consumption ;
- full-capacity geothermal heating and cooling saving -75% on heating and -25% on cooling ;
- geothermal preheating of domestic water and heat recovery from used water saving -25% and more ;
- re-insulation of the building as new saving -30% in heating and cooling ;
- water-efficient toilets ;
- ENERGY STAR® appliances.
These features exceed ENERGY STAR® and LEED® criteria by far, probably making it the Greenest residential building in downtown Montréal. Carbon footprint is estimated to be -60% below comparable buildings in the area.
This property is managed by ABOVE Technologies inc. since 2011. Founded in 2004, ABOVE Technologies inc. is the first Green Building management company in Québec.
We acquired this property for its perfect business and leisure location in Montréal Qc and its historic cachet and quality.
It is an historic cottage from 1880 completely renovated better than new in the period 2004-2013 using the latest Green technologies and standards available. We recently contracted a third-party evaluation of the property. Cost of construction alone came out at about 1.2M$.