Period property with 6 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms. 3700sq feet in total
Located on the scenic route between Cashel and Kilkenny in County Tipperary, this beautiful period home was built in 1886 by request of his Grace Dr Croke, Archbishop of Cashel and Emly and served as the parish priest's house for the village of Ballingarry for over 100 years.
In 2008 it was completely refurbished and transformed into a stunning holiday residence with beautiful chandeliers and antique furniture. With accommodation for 11 guests the Old Parochial House offers visitors a truly unique experience in a luxurious self-catering home.
Whether you yearn for some quiet time away from it all or wish to explore the many attractions of this historic part of the country, the Old Parochial House is the perfect base for your holiday in Ireland. Relax and enjoy a book in the reading room, take some time out to listen to the flow of the river at the bottom of the garden, hike the famous Slievenamon enjoying spectacular views of the surrounding counties or just relax with a cup of tea in the drawing room - the choice is yours!
• Deck with picnic bench over the King's River
• Garden with old apple trees, hammocks and seating area
• Set behind stone walls with electric gated entrance and
• Beautiful drawing room with marble open fire, LCD TV, DVD
player and piano
• Traditional dining room with open fire for special meals
• Bright modern fully equipped kitchen with underfloor heating,
LCD TV and back door opening to enclosed courtyard with
barbeque and dining area
• Six spacious bedrooms decorated to reflect the tranquil
surroundings (three ensuite)
• Reading room (former Oratory) with chaise lounge and stained
glass window It has been refurbished to the highest standards
• Large selection of books, DVDs and board games for your use
• The Old Parochial House is located just 2 miles from the
famous Famine Warhouse
Hi, we're Donal and Aileen and we're lucky enough to own this beautiful and historic home. We live near Cahir in Tipperary, about 40 minutes away from the house and have two beautiful little children - Tom and Iris.
The Old Parochial House came up for sale just before we were married in August 2006. We both grew up within 3 miles of the property and knew that this was a once in a lifetime opportunity to purchase such a special property. It had served as the parish Priest's house for many years so was one of the most iconic and fine houses around.
This is a stunning listed period home with carved staircase and two original stained glass windows. The rooms are huge with 13ft ceilings and most have fire places. It is situated on 1.5 acres of mature grounds with old apple trees and stone walls. The King's River flows by the bottom of the garden and because it's just 10 miles for the M8 motorway it is perfectly located for exploring all of Southern Ireland.