Just east of Seattle, Wilkomish sits on 3 acres of towering evergreens amidst the verdant natural beauty of the Northwest. Straddling a river that cascades over granite rock, the property offers complete privacy for a relaxing, fun getaway with family or friends--or solitude for individual respite or creative time. The charming house has a spacious master suite with spectacular river views. Two other bedrooms sleep 4. A well-appointed kitchen is new. The dining room seats up to 10. Log walls line the living/gathering room (in the original part of the house).
Outdoor features include a large deck, hot tub, gas grill, gazebo, footbridge [crossing the river to a playhouse], fire pit, small ponds, and a level lawn area spacious enough for outdoor games. Our river house, while secluded and peaceful, is just 20 to 30 minutes from activities and events in downtown Seattle and a 25-minute drive from the Seattle/Tacoma airport.
We cannot accommodate weddings.
- Original log cabin room for comfortable gathering includes HDTV (sorry, no cable), DVD player, iPod/CD player, and internet access. Ladder leads to charming loft above living room for kids (or adventurous adults) to play or sleep in
- Views of river and bridge from dining room; table can seat up to 10 people with extensions
- Spacious master bedroom suite with queen bed; gorgeous river views
- Master bathroom with two sinks, large shower, laundry facilities [in closet]
- Flower bedroom with full bed
- Bird bedroom with single bed & pop-up trundle (makes queen bed or 2 singles when pulled out)
- Full bath with tub/shower
- Newly renovated kitchen with plenty of space for cooking and gathering. Viking cook top, microwave oven, convection oven, dishwasher, large refrigerator, wine cooler, coffee maker, toaster. Granite island with bar stools. Table settings, dishes, utensils, pots and pans, and basic cooking supplies (spices, sugar, oil, etc.) provided
- Study/writing room with large windows and a great view of river
The Property: Wilkomish sits on 3 acres of private, verdant Northwest forest. Pass the large frog pond on your left, and park your car at the bunkhouse, then walk along a short path past a tiny pond to the main entrance of the cottage.
The back yard features a large deck with chairs and tables for eight. Relax in the jacuzzi and gaze up at the fir trees and sky. Perhaps our blue heron will visit. Walk toward the gazebo to see the expanse (250 feet) of riverfront. Cross the footbridge to visit our little playhouse at the edge of Tiger Mountain State Forest. Complete privacy, with no neighbors in view in any direction.
At night you might want to light some logs in fire pit or play games on the expanse of lawn bordered by the river and our third pond.
Due to our allergies, we respectfully ask that you leave your pets at home. Smoking is not allowed.
Wilkomish sits on a stone-lined, clear water river at the end of a county road. It is secluded and quiet, but only 3.4 miles from I-90. Seattle is a pleasant half-hour drive away. In half an hour, you can be listening to the Seattle Symphony, touring the unique [Frank Gehry-designed] Rock and Roll Museum or Seattle Art Museum, or visiting Pike Place Market. Within 45 minutes by car, you can be on a ferry to one of the picturesque islands in Puget Sound, or skiing at a Cascade mountain wonderland. Seattle offers all of that and much more; there is something for every interest in this beautiful area! Gorgeous scenery, alpine hiking, mountain biking, water sports are all within reach during your stay.