This COULD BE an outstanding beach house.
My family and I (including our dog) stayed at Fish in a Tree 9/20/11 to 9/25/11. The listing on VRBO is acurate as far as location and description. In my opionion, here are the positive things about Fish in a Tree:
1. VERY clean- tile floor was spotless. Even behind and underneath furniture! Bathrooms were fresh and I could not find a speck of dirt anywhere.
2. Property is managed by Coastal Joe Vacation Rentals. GREAT people!!!! Dishwasher was broken; we reported to Coastal Joe and it was fixed within the hour. OUTSTANDING service.
3. Good location and quick walk to beach. Believe me, having the BP across the street came in handy many times.
Here are the negative things:
1. House has carpet on the steps and in the bedrooms. Being an dog friendly house, the carpet is severly stained. It did not smell but I felt the need to wear shoes at all times.
2. Exterior lights, fans and screen doors were rusted. This is expected in the salt air but was surprised to see since this is a rental home.
3. There is NO yard with grass. Nothing but overgrown weeds (sand stickers) which covered the dog after every visit outside. Be prepared to take your dog to the beach for potty breaks.
4. Since the BP and main street are across the street, it can be noisy late at night and early morning. Bedrooms face the street and store.
5. The decorating and/or theme of the house does not exists. All the walls are white and the placement of the kitchen island makes it impossible for 2 people to work at same time. This home does not have a "luxury" vacation home feel.
All and all our stay was positive. I would love to spend 1 month at this house redecorating. The community appears to have been hit hard by econmy. All common areas overgrown, pool area run down, gated entrance torn apart. With some TLC, this could be the best little community at Cape San Blas.
Helpful votes: 14/14
Did you find this review helpful?