Thanks so much for checking out our property! Please read the 'owner story' section for information on how to make an inquiry. My apologies, but I do not reply to inquiries that don't follow our guidelines, or are above our maximum number of guests or children.
This lovely Highlands mountain home is nestled between Whiteside and Black Rock, perched high above a valley with sweeping easterly views of the Smokies. The naturally landscaped lot is situated on a dead-end road, with plenty off-street parking for 8 cars (no street parking), a short walking trail with rope swing, and a darling playhouse for the kids.
Designed for large groups, the home's multi-levels offer many options for gathering together, and cozy spaces to retreat to for quiet time. Watch the sunrise or the fog roll in from multi-levels of decks and balconies, or while soaking in the hot tub with the gas fireplace blazing.
Seven bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms. Lower king bedroom uses spa bath. Six bedrooms on view side. Most have sitting areas and fireplaces.
You probably won't want to leave the property...but if you must, Highlands is 3 miles away. Stroll along quaint Main Street for some shopping and dining; and stop by the Highland Hiker for outdoor gear and great local advice on what to do in the area. Hiking, fishing, golf, swimming holes.
PLEASE NOTE: Rates are as posted, and do not include tax or cleaning fee. Please use the 'instant quote' feature to get an idea of your total cost. Rates and are for up to 16 guests. Children are welcome, but we allow a maximum of 5 and consider ages to determine whether our house is a good fit for your group.
Hello! My family completed our special mountain home in 1999, continue to make improvements and additions as our family grows. We still use it often ourselves, and have enjoyed sharing it with other families as a vacation rental since 2010. We're honored and blessed that so many choose to return over and over again!
I'm the oldest 'kid', and manage bookings for my family from my home in Seattle, WA. I've chosen not to list my phone number after a few too many pushy marketers, as well as some early morning calls due to the time difference; but I do provide it to serious inquirers and welcome the opportunity to tell you more about our special place.
TO MAKE AN INQUIRY:
Because of some suspicious inquiries and based on HomeAway's security guidelines (read more in the Security Center), I now only respond to inquiries containing the following information:
- specific dates (these can be changed)
- phone number with a good time to call you
- some information about your group: age range, number of adults and children, specific ages of children, where you're coming from, and the reason for your visit (i.e. family reunion, wedding, golf retreat, etc.).
- what drew you to our place (just a quick detail so I know you're a real person!)
- please also review rates and minimum stay requirements before inquiring. While we do offer discounted rates and shorter stays to our returning guests, rates and minimum stay requirements are as posted for first-timers, and I don't respond to inquiries asking for exceptions.
Thanks so much for your time, and I look forward to speaking with you!