Great Value & Location
Great Value & Location
Top 8 reasons you should rent this unit:
1) The owner, Gary, is extraordinarily helpful--returned all my email messages pre-trip and even went the extra step to offer to show me the route to the Hilton Caribe (I was attending the American Studies Association conference and that was one of the locales to pick up a shuttle to the convention center).
2) Martin. He's your on-site go-to guy in Puerto Rico. He was VERY HELPFUL and checked in throughout my stay, particularly because I had 2 other sets of friends renting 2 other units (2-bedroom units) in the same location.
3) There are multiple rental units in this location, making it great for a group.
4) Best stocked kitchen of any rental I've seen--good dishes and silverware and cooking utensils.
5) Location, location, location. I walked twice into Old San Juan (25-30 min) and there's a bus (M31, I think) that will take you there for 50 cents. And there's a great swimming beach across the street. And I could walk to the convention center if I didn't want to wait for the shuttle (20 minutes).
6) Affordable. I love having a kitchen when I'm on vacation for those mornings where you just wake up and want coffee and some cereal. All my conference friends staying at the overpriced hotels were envious of my ability to eat in and have space.
7) The units are clean with good furniture/comfortable.
8) Washer & Dryer.
The only reason I didn't give this 5 stars was that the wifi in the 1-bedroom unit was spotty to non-existent. I know Martin tried to work on this for me while I was there, but since my friends in the other units had a strong signal, I just used their units to check my email.
Overall I was very happy with my stay (and so were my friends).
Owner's Response: We were very glad to hear that this guest enjoyed their stay with us but disappointed that we did not earn a 5 star review. We worked on correcting the WiFi issue for her. She was using an iPad which , apparently, did not pick-up the WiFi signal as well other devices. That being said, we are sure that we will have other guests in the future with iPads so we will be installing a booster for the WiFi signal just to make sure we do not have this as an issue in the future. We value our guests comments and strive to make our guests' stays, with us, the very best that we can.
Helpful votes: 13/13
Did you find this review helpful?