Short-term Fully Furnished 2BR/1BA Rental Home - Central Berkeley
2BR/1BA Renovated Luxury Home
Perfect as a Short-Term Rental - Everything Included: No need to pay for anything else
More Info with Pictures on web site (see link below) or type Berkeley McGee House into any search engine.
** Fully remodeled and furnished 2 bedroom / 1 bath house
** fully stocked kitchen (with dishwasher)
** 40' Sony Google HD TV (with Netflix unlimited streaming subscription included - plus a DVD/CD player on a surround sound stereo system)
** broadband internet (wifi)
** organic cotton linens
** phone (free long distance and voice mail)
** washer and dryer
** quiet tree lined street
** private fenced-in backyard
** hard wood floors
** lots of southern light
** 7 blocks to UC Berkeley campus and 6 blocks to downtown Berkeley (very easy walk)
** tons of restaurant, movie, theatre, and entertainment options
QUIET CENTRAL BERKELEY NEIGHBORHOOD HOUSE (part of side-by-side duplex):
- 7 blocks from UC Berkeley and Downtown Berkeley (near MLK and Bancroft). Very easy walk.
- Perfect for short-term rental (see below in pricing for details) - No need to setup and pay utilities or to buy furnishings: everything is included.
- Fully remodeled house - quiet tree lined street - private fenced-in backyard (other duplex unit has it’s own separate backyard).
- 2 bedrooms (2BR) – one full bathroom (tiled floor) with tub and shower (1BA).
- Hard wood floors - fireplace - no apartment above unit - only one common wall - lots of southern light - furnace for heat (separate WisperWarm heating in bathroom).
- All utilities at no extra cost: internet (as above), Netflix on TV, phone service (unlimited calls to US and Canada numbers - incoming calls - voice mail), and of course all basic utilities as well: electricity, natural gas/heat, water, and trash service.
- Bedding and linens included: all sheets and towels are 100% organic cotton
- Fully furnished: Washer/Dryer (W/D), all kitchen equipment (pots and pans, microwave, toaster oven, coffee maker, dishwasher), sofa, tables, chairs, beds, TV, etc..
- Perfect for visiting Cal faculty (10 minute walk to campus), or as a corporate apartment rental, or as a vacation rental. Great alternative to a hotel. Accommodates up to 5 persons.
GREAT CONVENIENT BERKELEY LOCATION:
- 7 blocks from University of California at Berkeley (Cal) campus (10 minute walk - about 1/2 mile).
- 6 blocks from Downtown Berkeley BART station and all downtown amenities (restaurants, shops, cinemas, banks, library, buses).
- 25 minute ride on the BART to Downtown San Francisco.
- 4 blocks from large grocery store.
- Close to everything, but a very quiet residential neighborhood.
- Very easy access to highway I-80.
- 10 minute drive to downtown Oakland or Emeryville.
- One block to Berkeley’s Bike network.
AVAILABLE: Year Round (See availability calendar on web site listed below) (see below for minimum booking fee)
LOCATION: McGee Ave at Bancroft Way; Berkeley, CA 94703 (see location/directions on web page listed below)
CONTACT: To get details on the unit, contact Mark Foy: Mark's e-mail: [see the below link]
More info about the condo with pictures: see specific web site: which is vitalita dot com slash rental
Directions: From I-80 and the University Ave exit, go east on University for about 1.5 miles. Turn right at McGee Ave (about 3 blocks after Sacramento). Go two and a half blocks (between Allston Way and Bancroft Way).
Keywords: House, Condo, Townhome, Duplex, Bungalow, Flat
Mark lives about 15 blocks from the McGee House, and provides management to all guests of the house. He also works in the information technology arena, as well as in culinary services. You can see his main web site at vitalita dot com
Mark has lived in Berkeley since 2000.
Mark has stayed at multiple 'short-term furnished' vacation-style housing at many places in the USA, as well as in Europe. That has been great for learning what is important to travelers/visitors.
Mark purchased this house in 2005 to provide comfortable housing for people visiting Berkeley (including visitors to UC Berkeley). Visitors at that time had very few options for furnished short-term housing; there were plenty of housing options which were unfurnished, and required a 9 month lease (where the leaser had to setup their own utilities, etc.), but other than expensive hotels (which generally do not have kitchens, etc.), there were very few other options.
I love the McGee House for it's comfortable furnishings, quite neighborhood, yet still close to many of Berkeley's best offerings, as well as the private/fully landscaped back yard which is wonderful for enjoying our sunny California days.