Lovely contemporary house of 150 m² living space, located on a very big field of 60.000m² with many trees and flowers.
- A cosy living room with a fire place, fully furnished with 2 sofas, and 2 coffee tables,
- An opened kitchen on the dining room with a fire place, a chunky farmhouse table, 2 benches, 2 ancient chest of drawers (the kitchen is fully equipped with brand new equipment),
- A long corridor with 2 large cupboard,
- 3 bedrooms with a king size bed (160*200) in each. One of them has a private bathroom,
- 1 bedroom with 2 beds (90*200),
- 1 baby's cot and 1 baby's chair,
- 1 utility room with a washing machine and a large storage,
- 2 large terraces, one in south view and one in west view,
- 1 garden table in teak wood, 8 garden chairs in teak wood on the southern terrace,
- 1 garden table in black résine with a glass plate and 8 armchairs in black résine on the western terrace,
- 5 garden tables in zellige (3 big and 2 small),
- 6 low plastic armchairs,
- 4 transatlantic sunbathing,
- 7 parasols.
The price includes:
- For each lodger, 1 beach towel, 1 big shower towel, 1 standard towel, 1 toilet glove,
- All the beds are prepared before your arrival,
- All the basic products like toilet paper, kitchen tissue, liquid soap, dish liquid soap, etc.,
- The house cleaning before and after your stay,
- The garden keeping all around the house,
- 1 cross-country bicycle for a man and 1 cross-country bicycle for a woman.
Our house is located in the middle of a field of 6 hectares. It is fully furnished with every comfort to make your stay pleasant, and we care to make it as welcoming as possible.
The island of Oleron is nicknamed 'The Light Island ' .It is known for its wonderful sandy beaches, but also for its enchanting natural, and its extraordinary heritage. By foot, horse or bicycle (with cycle tracks), you will appreciate the diversity of its landscapes.
The island of Oléron offers a multitude of opportunities out: walks in the woods or on the streets of small villages with their wells and hollyhocks, or just relaxing on a sunny beach.
You will discover the flavors of fresh local products (oysters, wine, fish, seafood, salt, vegetables, fruits) purchased on the markets which are located just a few kilometers away from La Cabane (Saint Pierre d'Oléron, Saint Denis d'Oléron, Saint Georges d'Oléron, La Cotinière, Domino, La Brée)
The island of Oléron is appreciated for its pleasant climate, quality of light, wildness, authenticity, oyster beds, salt marshes, the salty and invigorating air, beautiful beaches, and the generosity of its coasts for those who like to fish seafood and fish by foot or by boat.
Naturally, you can taste the local products, such as Pineau des Charentes and the local wine, which go well with the culinary specialties of the island.
Many historic buildings (churches, fortifications, etc.) enable you to understand better the importance of the situation of the island in the French history. Remember to make a trip to the prestigious site of Brouage, fortress of the marshes.
On the other side of the bridge, the bassin des Marennes, large oyster center known and recognized worldwide for the quality of its oysters, where you can visit the oyster beds with an attendant.
From the island of Oléron you can also visit the city of La Rochelle, Fort Boyard, the isle of Aix, the isle Madame and the island of Ré, by shuttle boats.
I am 63 years old. I have an engineering degree in electronics (Supelec 1975) and an Executive MBA from Insead (1992).
Since September 2011, I am working as a consultant specialised in management, as well as a cerified Coach for top executives .
I am living in a small village situated in the Valley of Chevreuse, 40 km away from Paris.
I have been working for the past 20 years as a Sales Manager for various IT american companies in France.
The Domain La Cabane is our little paradise where I come with my wife very often, out the high season.
I rent my house both in order to balance my budget and to be able to improve the comfort of La Cabane every year, so you will be able to enjoy it, like I do.
La Cabane is a very quiet and peaceful place, with no house around, but very close to the Atlantic Ocean, which will enjoy nature lovers.
When you are sitting on one of the two the terraces, you can hear the noise of the waves, especially when the tide is high. It is absolutely magic because you are completely somewhere else at this moment.
In the field around the house, you will find figue trees, olive trees, oak trees, pine trees, chestnut trees, palm trees and a bunch of savage flowers like lavand and aneth.