Our 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom luxury apartment comes with spectacular views across the resort, marina, bay and tropical hillside. It has a fully equipped kitchen, lounge and utility room with all the conveniences you would expect from a modern apartment; floor to ceiling windows opening onto a large verandah, wireless access, 3 flat screen TV's/DVD players/BOSE music systems, drench showers and the latest appliances to name a few.
Part of the 5* Discovery Hotel resort, enjoy the privacy of your own apartment whilst taking advantage of a range of complementary services from a 5* hotel, including daily maid service, water sports, pool, infinity pool, spa, restaurants, bar, swim up bar, shops, gym, kids club, children pool and much more.
The apartment is constructed in a natural style with dark wood that blends with its environment on this tropical hillside. This is the perfect environment to relax, free from the pressures of life, and time to reflect and recharge batteries.
Local activities: * Beach – the hotel beach is a short 2 minute ferry ride across Marigot Bay. Sunbeds and non motorised water sports are available for guests here.
* Diving & Snorkelling - the resort borders St Lucia’s famous marine park.
* Bird Watching – Marigot has a wide variety of bird species.
* Climbing – St. Lucia is mountainous, with hills and mountains ranging from challenging climbs requiring some mountaineering experience, to vigorous walks, all with wonderful views.
* Rainforest Hiking and Walking – access to nearby bays and hillsides, as well as deep rainforest trails.
* Surfing and Kite Surfing - for trips to the Atlantic coast on the other side of the island. Ocean Kayaks & Windsurfers are also available.
* Visiting the Volcano and bathing in the hot springs – a short ride or boat trip away.
* Swimming Pools – three pools
* Yoga, Tai Chi and Pilates – weekly scheduled classes are complimentary.
Local attractions: Local attractions close by include:
* Castries - St. Lucia's bustling capital
* Anse-le-Ray & Canaries -An afternoon visit to these tiny fishing villages offer an interesting study of one of St. Lucia's main traditions, fishing in dug-out canoes.
* Anse-la-Raye Seafood Friday - The Village of Anse-la-Raye, a 20 min taxi ride away, offers a Friday Party with its Seafood Friday
* Shopping for duty-free imports like designer perfumes, crystal and china at Pointe Seraphine, a harbour-front shopping complex
* Soufriere - Located in the south, it is the oldest town in St. Lucia, established by the French in 1746
* Gros Islet - Friday night 'jump up' (dancing in the streets).
* Pigeon Island - Pigeon Island, a 40-acre islet connected by a causeway to St. Lucia's west coast.
Hotel facilities: Dining & Entertainment
Discovery’s restaurants include the colonial charm of The Boudreau, or the harbour side buzz of The Coffee Dock. There are several bars, the Pink Snail and the Hurricane Hole Bar. There’s dancing under the stars and local musicians and entertainers showcasing their talents.
For the active, the Discovery fitness centre has state of the art cardio equipment and weightlifting machines. There are two swimming pools (one with a swim up bar) and a wide range of water sports including sailing, sea kayaking, scuba diving and snorkelling. The hotel tour desk can arrange island excursions and other activities such as horse riding, golf and rainforest hiking. The famous palm fringed beach is a two minute ferry ride across the bay.
The resort has its own shopping facilities with on site boutiques, bakery, bank, supermarket, art gallery and craft shop at The Marina Village.
Luxurious Spa treatments are available at the hotels Lapli Spa.