Not so happy vacationers...
My family and I visit this area 2 to 3 times a year. We have rented 4 different houses in the area, with this being our second favorite. The house was pretty, spacious, we liked the location and we loved the pool area. However, we ran into quite a few problems.
1. The owner was supposed to contact me 2-3 days before check in. I did not hear from her until the night before. I was really afraid I had been scammed and was in panic mode for part of my ride down (Granted, I should have tried contacting her before then).
2. The day after we arrived we found ants in the kitchen, so we had to make sure we were there so the exterminator could get into the house.
3. The washer would not go through a complete cycle. After contacting the owner she told me if nothing was wrong we would have to pay $100, which I didn't have a problem with because there WAS something wrong. Towards the middle of the week I received a phone call from the repair company. They asked if I was going to pay for the repair. I said no that is the owners responsibility. I never heard back from them nor the owner. So, we had to make a trip to the laundry mat (just what we wanted to do on vacation).
3. Not that tv was our number one priority, but my mother in law wanted to watch a football game. That station was not coming through even though it was one of the basic channels. The owner is basically paying for a service and not getting what she is paying for. After emailing back and forth, she finally told me her son said we could watch tv on our computer (who said we even brought a computer).
4. There is a nice two car garage that can be used if you pull in the driveway, get out of your car, go in the house to the garage, open the garage door, get back in your car, and pull your car in. I asked the owner about the garage door opener that was there. We even replaced the batteries hoping it would work. This was her response "I do not provide garage door opener because most of the time renter missed on the rental car."
There were other smaller problems that we ran into, but not enough space to explain. I think we just had some really bad luck. If we felt as if she were more accommodating we would be willing to stay in the house again, because it was a very nice home.
Owner's Response: Dear Cassie,
Thank you for your review.
I have to let you know I am very surprised to receive this comment. I work very hard to be sure every body rent my house was satisfy. But go ahead with all your point;
1- Keybox and code; you have received the key box code 22 hours before your arrival time. We try to change code at the last minute for security.
2- You found ants on the kitchen; All my house is meticulously clean and each one was under contract with Macys pest control. The day after you see the ants, they are there to do a treatment. It is a common situation in Florida.
3- Washer; you ask me washer didn't do complete cycle. I ask you the washer was under warranty and it is no problem to call for repair. I just tell you to be sure the washer doesn't work properly before we do the service call because if they come and everything work well, they will charge for the service call. After confirmation on your part, I haved call for repair and you never come back to me about they want charge you. After you leave, we ask to know why they didn't come to do the repair and they said nobody answer the phone call. Anyway now they change the washer for a brand new with out any charge.
4- TV channel; As I already mentionned to you, I do not look tv. House come with the Verizon Fios tv plan including around 100 channels, internet wifi and phone accross Nort America. I really don't know if your football game are available or not. What my son's said it is if you have a computer you probably be able to find your channel by internet and feed the TV. Probably I was not clear because my first language is french.
5- Garage door opener; Like I said to you, I didn't supplied garage door opener because most of the time they are lost. I didn't advertise on the website I supplied that.
Finally, I will try to give more information about my house on the website but I suggest you to ask more question about the place you want to rent to be sure they have everything you want.
Helpful votes: 0/1
Did you find this review helpful?