Casa Vista Grande and casitas is located just south of Uvita, off the main coastal highway on the Southern Pacific coast of Costa Rica. The property is situated facing south-south-west at an elevation of 1050 feet providing a spectacular 270 degree view of the Pacific Ocean, Osa peninsula and Southern Talamancan mountain range. Set on a 4 acre parcel amidst lush tropical jungle, the elevation and proximity to the ocean provides for a continual ocean breeze. On the property are also numerous fruit trees and wildlife. This well appointed home has flat screen TV's, granite counter tops in the kitchen and bathrooms, natural stone floors, WiFi internet signal, satellite SkyTV and secure electronic gate. A full time Spanish speaking caretaker lives on site. The property manager speaks English, Spanish and Japanese and is just next door.
Outdoor Living Space
Large outdoor living space with lounge chairs around a large travertine swimming pool and kiddie pool (a second pool is in front of Azul casita), two outdoor eating areas, outdoor kitchen with BBQ, fire pit on the lawn, fabulous views of the Osa peninsula, Punta Mala, Terraba river and Caño island. Access to gym with two Pilates reformers, Pilates Cadillac, Wunda chair, full bath and outdoor shower.
Main house specifics: 3 bedrooms, 3.5 bath; 2 bedroom casita in front; sleeps 8-12
1. Master bedroom on 2nd floor- King bed and single bed with wall dividing the two, small office area, separate balcony, full bath (Sleeps 3)
2. Kid's bunk room - two queens, two singles, and two single trundles, full bath *depending on the sleeping configuration, two couples could sleep here, or four people, if they are comfortable sharing the space/bathroom together (Sleeps 8 comfortably)
* the people in the master bedroom and the kid's bunk room should be comfortable with one another as you must pass through the kid's room to get to the master
3. Bedroom three - smaller in size, has king and a single bed, small private balcony, full bath (Sleeps 3)
Casitas Piñuelas is a two bedroom casita which comes with the main house rental. Two bedrooms (one king and one queen) joined by a full bath. Each bedroom has it's own small patio area and mini-fridge.
1. King bedroom (Sleeps 2)
2. Queen bedroom (Sleeps 2)
The main house and Casitas Piñuelas together comfortably sleeps up to 16.
Azul is a fully contained large studio with incredible ocean views and private second pool - King bed, small kitchen, couch, TV, indoor eating area, small balcony and luxurious outdoor shower and full bath. (Sleeps 2)
*The rooms below do not have their own kitchen. These would presumably be rented in conjunction with the main house for large groups.
3. Cacao - King bed, jungle view, full bath (Sleeps 2)
4. Papaya Verde #1 - King bed, private patio area, full bath, jungle view (Sleeps 2)
5. Papaya Verde #2 - 2 King beds, jungle view, full bath * best for family or close friends; limited privacy between rooms
All the above additional casitas can accommodate up to 12 more people in addition to the main house and Casita Piñuelas.
My name is Naomi Geer. I am the manager and neighbor of this magnificent property. I have been living in Costa Rica for eight years with my family. My main occupation is running a small not-for-profit bilingual school in Ballena, Escuela Verde Costa Ballena. I speak English, Spanish and Japanese.
Casa Vista Grande and Casitas is one of the very few properties able to accommodate a large group along Costa Ballena. The lay-out allows for plenty of privacy for all, and large outdoor gathering places for groups as well. This secluded spot close to the best restaurants of Ojochal, and nearby all water activities, saltwater and fresh, has one of the best views along the entire coast.
Casa Vista Grande and Casitas is a tropical paradise. The open spaces, views and local decorations make for a stunning overall presentation. Local hardwood dining tables and the wood furniture throughout the houses are beautiful pieces. The natural stone floors, above the counter sinks and local accents are all part of the beautiful natural decor of the house. Outdoor showers are also a favorite.