A beautifully furnished, luxury two bedroom apartment (ID 123) with its own private garden. The apartment features a large double bedroom plus a second double bedroom furnished with a double or twin beds. The handmade kitchen, with granite worktops, includes a dishwasher, fridge freezer, oven, gas hob and toaster.
The adjoining lounge area offers beautiful views out onto the lake, with French doors leading directly onto the private garden. The lounge is fully equipped with a 32 inch flat screen TV, Sky TV, plus a DVD Hifi with a USB port. As well as a comfortable corner sofa, the lounge also has a dining area and seating for 4-6 people.
The garden is the largest of any apartment in Regina Residence and it also has the added advantage of a south, east and west facing corner position, so not only are there beautiful views of the lake, it faces the sun from dawn to dusk! It also comes complete with a beautiful teak table and chairs for outdoor dining.
Regina Residence is a newly converted metal mill in the middle of Laglio. Set in its own gardens and directly facing the lake, Regina Residence offers breathtaking views of both the lake and the mountains beyond.
Laglio has become famous in recent years for its Hollywood association with George Clooney, who purchased a Villa and set a trend with his pals and other celebrities.
The commune of Laglio, on the Western shore is divided into the two centres of Laglio and Torriggia on Via Regina. Looking to the rear of the village, dense woods stretch up along the slopes of Monte Colmegnone (1,383 mts.). Torriggia is located opposite Careno, on a headland, which extends towards the middle of and the narrowest point of the lake (675 mts.).
The village is of Roman origin of the have been confirmed by a gravestone which was found in a locals home, at the beginning of the 20th century. From 1928 to 1948, Laglio formed a single commune with Brienno. One of the curiosities of this small village is the cemetery where there is a curious eighteenth-century sepulchral monument of a German doctor, in the shape of a twenty-metre-high pyramid.
A point of notable interest is the Buco dell'Orso (Bear hole), which is a large cave that is passable for about 150 mts. and which opens on the slopes of Monte Colmegnone, at a height of 600 mts. It is famous because many bones of cave bears (Ursus Spelaeus) were found there in the eighteenth century. Their skeletons are in the Museum of Natural History, in Milan, and in the local Town Hall.
As with all good Italian villages the religious centre is important. The Church of S. Giorgio built in the sixteenth century contains stucco work by Stefano Salterio of Como (18th century and paintings and sculptures from the seventeenth century.