Historic stone home at the end of a private drive just 4 minutes drive from Woodstock Village Green.
Caroline Speare, one of the founding members of the Woodstock Arts Colony, hired Myron Teller to build our home in 1917.
In the late 60's and 70's it became the place to stay for artists recording at Bearsville Studios.
We first saw the house when it was in complete disrepair (after sitting vacant for years), but thought it would be the perfect place to bring back to life.
We fell in love with the beautiful setting, the deep stone walls, original fireplace, and round country doors - but when we bought it, we had no idea how many creative and influential people have shared our love for this house throughout it's history.
Known in Woodstock as 'The Robertson House', our home was built in 1917 by Myron Teller, a renowned stone architect and restorationist, for Caroline Speare, one of the founding members of the Woodstock Arts Colony. He actually created our home using colonial techniques - beams were hand hewn, with all the ironwork being hammered by a blacksmith in Kingston.
Caroline and her husband Paul Rohland (also an artist), painted much of their early work in the beamed studio - with it's 18' ceilings and large north window - some of Caroline's made it to the Whitney, and Paul to the Smithsonian.
In the late 60's and 70's the house was often used as a crash pad for bands recording at Bearsville Studios before it became Robbie Robertson's home. It's a bit surreal sometimes when we play music from the Woodstock Festival, and realize that some of it was rehearsed and possibly written right in our living room.