Kulalani 2202 is the perfect home base for your Big Island vacation. With its master suite on the ground floor and two guest bedrooms upstairs, this spacious abode accommodates a single couple or a party of six comfortably. Start your mornings with sunlight filtering through the private meditation garden and master bath, and illuminating the two-story central hallway. Enjoy afternoons and evening sunsets, and recount your adventures of the day, on the spacious wrap-around lanai. Kulalani 2202 features true indoor/outdoor living with walls of glass that open fully to join the living room with the lanai and adjacent lawn. The well-appointed kitchen will satisfy the “master chefs” in your party, and you can choose between the tastefully-designed dining room or the covered eating area on the lanai for your meals.
Each bedroom in Kulalani 2202 evokes a story. The spacious master bedroom harkens back to the gracious tropical comfort of a Hawaiian pineapple plantation house, and compliments the overall architectural style of the Kulalani community. The California King bed, comfy reading chair, huge walk-in closet and spa-like bathroom make the master suite a private getaway within your getaway. The “Bamboo Forest” guestroom features a comfortable Queen-size bed, hand-painted walls and views of spectacular Mauna Kea. The “Surf Shack” guestroom, with twin beds that can be converted to a standard king if needed, is great for the youngsters or young-at-heart in your group. You’ll dream about catching that next big wave and, on the clearest mornings, you’ll be able to see all the way to Maui.
9/13 - As we finish our first year of hosting vacation rentals at Kulalani 2202 we want to thank our guests for the wonderful experience. It's great to know that so many of you have made happy memories on the Big Island and we're thrilled that 45% of you have made plans to stay at Kulalani 2202 again next year!
Kulalani 2202 at a glance:
• 3 bedrooms
• 2.5 baths
• 2023 square feet of interior space
• Living room, dining room, eating bar
• Spacious wrap-around lanai with built-in Viking barbecue, dining table, bistro table, and conversation seating for 4
• Two story central reception hall with elegant curved stairway
• Large two-car garage
• Kitchen with GE Profile appliances, new Sub-Zero refrigerator, Cuisinart Cookware, Rice Cooker, and all the gadgets you’d expect in a gourmet kitchen
• Bar with everything you need for the cocktail hour (BYOB, of course!)
• Nuvo central sound system with 4 independent zones
• Central A/C
• Access to the beautiful Kulalani pool/fitness complex and Mauna Lani private beach club
• Beach towels, coolers, and fins/masks/snorkels
• Laundry Room
• TVs in living room and each bedroom, DVD player
• iPod/iPhone stations in each bedroom
• Hair Dryers & one OttLite makeup mirror
Hawaii Tax I.D. NO. W01658847-01
Eric Ewing and Bruce Redman live in Redmond, Washington. We have been frequent visitors to the Big Island for 20 years. We love Mauna Lani because of the beauty of the property and the diverse landscape it offers for long walks and runs. There are few places in Hawaii where you can enjoy a scenic 3, 6, 8, or even 15 mile run or walk without getting on a highway! The beach path to the Puako Road is about one mile from our home and it opens up an abundance of running and walking terrain that compliments the wonderful paths within the resort complex. We love Kulalani because of the newness and comfortable design of the homes and the first rate pool and fitness complex. Late at night we love to sit on the back lawn and gaze into the unbelievably clear Milky Way.