Our home is exactly what you're hoping for! Here are the 9 reasons this home stands out from the others.
1) TRULY BEACHFRONT. Not 'close to beachfront' or 'ocean view.' Your back yard is made of sand, and there is nothing between the house and the ocean except our own sandy beach front lot. Our lot is 250 feet long, and other than our house and pool, it's all sand!
2) HUGE PRIVATE POOL. One of the largest in the area. Most pools in our area are considered 'plunge pools.' Ours is possibly the largest private pool in the entire region. It is 40 feet long and 16.5 feet wide (12 meters x 5 meters). It also includes a children's area that is knee deep for adults and perfect for toddlers and young children.
3) THE AMENITIES YOU NEED TO STAY IN TOUCH WITH THE WORLD: DirecTV (with all the premium movie channels), Free Wireless Internet, and a Cell Phone included in your rental!
4) A UNIQUELY DESIGNED, WELL BUILT HOUSE WITH AIR CONDITIONING in both bedrooms. Most homes in this area are older 'box' homes that are 20-50 years old. Our home was built in 2004 with top-shelf building materials, including a lot of tile in the kitchen and bathrooms. It has a unique architectural design, including 3 beautiful columns that support a shaded back patio overlooking the ocean.
5) EASY ACCESS from Cancun or Merida. Cancun is a 3.5 hour comfortable, inexpensive bus ride from Merida on a major highway, and Merida is only 30 minutes away. Our home is located in Chuburna, the best (most tranquil, best beach, closest location to the bigger towns) location on the coast north of Merida. It's 15 minutes to Progreso, which has a large (Wal Mart owned) 'everything' store and a cruise ship pier and malecon that you can see from our beach! McDonalds, Starbucks, Home Depot, Wal Mart and more are only 30 minutes from your door in Merida.
6) GROUND TRANSPORTATION IS PROVIDED for you! Our property manager will pick you up or drop you off at the airport in Merida and will be happy to take you to Wal Mart, drop you off at the mall or another tourism site, and do whatever you need for your entire stay! There is a fee for these services. By the way, our property manager has a law degree from the University of Mexico, lived in Nashville for 10 years, and speaks perfect English.....she'll be 5 minutes down the road from you during your stay!
7) SAFETY. We're in the state of Yucatan, which is absolutely, positively the safest location in all of Mexico. Look it up. Check the stats. It's safer than Cancun, Playa del Carmen, and where we live in the USA.
8) OUR HOUSE IS NOT LOCATED ON A HIGHWAY. We live on a quiet, sandy street. Many homes in this area are located right on the major highway that passes by. If you have dogs, children, or just want to take a peaceful walk from your house, it may not be possible from many homes in this region. We also have a fenced in back yard that provides a little extra peace of mind for those of us with pets and small children- no need to worry about them wandering off with a fenced in yard!
9) We also own a Toyota 4 Runner that can be rented by the day for a very economical rate- just $55 per day (including insurances) or $250 for the week. As the home renter, use the car 1 day for free for each week you rent (exact 'free' days to be determined 1 month prior to your arrival)! You'll pay nearly $100/day for a family vehicle renting from the airport in Cancun or Merida- we used to pay that much as well- that's why we finally ended up buying a vehicle and passing along much of the savings to our renters.
Just a couple of years ago we were looking for a rental home for our family to spend some extended, quality time together. During our time on the coast north of Merida, we visited all the towns and many homes. After seeing all of the coast, we felt that Chuburna was the ideal location because of its beautiful beach and proximity to Progreso and Merida.
When we discovered that our current home was for sale, we knew there would never be a better location for a beach home. The only thing it was missing was a pool! So we added a huge pool in the back yard, and now we have the perfect home on the beach!
Our house was built to North American standards, including heavy construction, pleny of excellent lighting, and 3-prong electrical outlets everywhere in the house.
We have 2 large bedrooms. The first is a master bedroom with king size bed (Spring Air Mattress), its own bathroom, and its own door to the patio and beach. The second bedroom has two double beds, and both bedrooms have their own new A/C unit with remote control.
The kitchen and living area are an open floor plan. The kitchen has tile countertops, plenty of space, and small bar that overlooks the kitchen. The living area has comfortable sofas and a full dining room table and chairs.
Most importantly, this entire home is built with incredible beach, pool, and ocean views, and it all leads to your perfect oceanfront location! We have outdoor chairs for adults and children, beach loungers, and a full patio chair and table set.
Our yard is completely made of sand. In the front yard, we have a number of coconut trees and a banana tree. The back yard is the same. Feel free to take a nap on the sand under your beach front coconut tree!
This home is all about the beach, ocean, pool, and being outside. It's about relaxation and rejuvenation. You'll never take a vacation that is more stress free than having your own beachfront home with private pool in a cute Mexican beach town!
In Chuburna, you'll find a number of convenience stores and small restaurants serving some of the best seafood you'll ever taste....and it's all just a short walk down the sandy streets from your home!
Keywords: Beachfront, beach front, sand, sandy, oceanfront, ocean front, pool, private pool, ocean view, ocean, sea, swimming, wifi, internet, a/c, air conditioning, swim, home, house, bungalow, casita, swimming pool
We live in Minnesota and have three children and three dogs! Matt oversees a Christian Ministry that creates partnerships between churches and communities all over the world. Gina is a Physical Therapist. Both of us love our children, our three dogs, and our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
We love to drive all the way from Minnesota to Mexico to spend time in our favorite corner of the world. We've been to every continent other than Antarctica, and have decided that our beach home location is our very favorite place
You simply won't find a home to rent that has a better combination of location and amenities than this one. I know this to be true because we've spent time living and working in this area, so we know exactly what North Americans expect to remain connected with the world, but we also know North Americans are looking for when it comes to convenience, relaxation, and most importantly.....a house on the beach!