You can view a virtual tour of this property with captions. You can find the link at the bottom of this ad just below the rates and VRBO calendar in the section called “Links to more information” and select the CLICK HERE – Virtual Tour link.
This wonderful 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom mountain home in Altos del Maria can sleep up to 10 people and has a very large private patio. This home is ONLY available for 2 month plus rentals. This area is considered to be in the heart of Panama, because it is 90 minutes (119 km - 73.78 miles) away from the central provinces of Panama (Divisa) and on the Caribbean side it is 3 hours away from Portobello, Colon. Staying in this home you will enjoy the spring like climate year round. Temperatures at Altos vary little from a comfortable 75 degrees all year. In the higher areas, some homes have fireplaces to warm cooler evenings. The unchanging temperatures make for easy and predictable living, but if you are in the mood for a warmer climate, beautiful beaches are just half an hour away.
Altos, as often called short for Also del Maria, is only 30 minutes away from the nearest beach located in a belt of beaches, modern 24/7 supermarkets that offers lots of imported goods, a private hospital and for the sports enthusiast, there are three golf courses and excellent fishing. Currently, the development has a private road used exclusively by owners of Altos, which allows for direct access to El Valle de Anton. The road even though very steep in places, has recently been paved. Altos is adjacent to an ancient volcano so flowers and trees bloom easily in the rich volcanic soil. There are vast common green areas where no construction is allowed. These areas are cared for by gardening crews daily. Some of the animals to be seen are deer, monkeys, sloths, birds, butterflies and Panama's famous golden frog.
Some of the area facilities include a community center with social areas, a natural swimming pool next to a waterfall, a heliport, telephone, Satellite TV, high speed internet service and 43 miles of paved roads. There are also 11 miles of nature trails with suspension bridges, stairways, walkways and viewpoints. If you are a horseback-riding lover you can own horses and ride for miles without ever seeing a car.
Surroundings & Things to Do:
• Hiking Places:
1) Buena Vista - 6 miles from Altos del Maria, you can encounter various waterfalls such as Salto del Duende or the 78 ft. high waterfall formed by La Vaca creek.
2) El Picacho is the highest mountain in Altos and has a hiking trail all the way to the top. Once on the top you have a magnificent view of the area.
3) Los Canjilones - over the centuries the high volume of water and the strong flow that the Chame River gets on the rainy season has formed narrow canyons creating a picturesque rock setting that resembles a labyrinth.
4) Chorro Macho (El Valle) - offers a beautiful tropical atmosphere where you can experience a canopy tour and enjoy the local flora and fauna.
• Beaches - Gorgona and Coronado are the closest to Altos del Maria, at just a 25 and 30 minute drive.
• Markets - Coronado has three of the best supermarkets in the area, which caters an upscale market. El Valle de Anton has the largest art craft market. Here you will find beautiful hand-made crafts to decorate your house.
• Restaurants - Every town from Gorgona to Santa Clara has it unique restaurant, from local to international cuisine, the highest concentration of the restaurants are in Coronado.
Keywords: Located in Altos del Maria gated comunity
We (Bill and Joanne) are from Canada and have enjoyed Panama. We love Panama so much that we have purchased several properties. We have a home in Altos that we rent during the spring and summer months while we are back with our family in Canada. We also have several beach condos in Coronado VRBO#40585 and Playa Blanca.
We heard Panama was a good place to invest so in 2009 we went to see for ourselves. After checking out several locations we ended up purchasing a home in Altos del Maria.
What we like about Altos del Maria is that it is a safe, gated mountain community. The temperature is constantly between approx. 24 degrees at night and 26 degrees during the day. The air is clean and the surroundings very tranquil. The road up the mountain is windy but very good and we can be in Coronado in approx. 1/2 hour. Coronado offers three very modern and well stocked grocery stores, many different restaurants, and a variety of other shops and a first class golf course. The people are friendly and the area is as safe as or safer than many North American cities.