Perfect Family Vacation... One of our favorites!
This is our third spring break vacation to Long Island and we had a great time. My wife, 12 year old son, and I prefer vacations that have mix of adventure and seclusion - we like to come to Long Island to bonefish, snorkel, explore the many beaches for sea glass and shells, and slow down. This house was a winner! The house is perfectly located for your vacation near Salt Pond (close to grocery stores, Long Island Breeze - our favorite spot for lunch, and overall island exploration) and is wonderfully equipped.
Our day typically starts with coffee and some type of breakfast before we decide on the day's activities and leave the house. We usually find time to check out the water in front of the house for passing dolphins, boats, birds, and hanging out on the patio. We're then gone for the majority of day (fishing, snorkeling, exploring, etc.). We have breakfast in the house, lunch at one of the resturaunts, and dinner back at the house - primarily due to time and convienence. We also enjoy watching a family movie at night. This house amenities (pool, ice maker, furniture, washer, large TV with bluray DVD player, hammock, gas BBQ, WIFI, local phone, etc.) are all top notch to help with this.
We also had excellent service from Joelli - she was very responsive and helped arrange some of our requests (rental car, met with us when we arrived at the house to explain things, etc.).
Some of our favorite activities/locations are listed below:
- Dean's Blue Hole (snorkeling, looking for sand dollars, fun place but crowded from a Long Island perspective)
- Columbus Monument (snorkeling, shelling, fishing, hiking, tough drive but well worth it - could spend the whole day here)
- Love's Beach (cool shipwreck, hiking by the beach, good place for picnic lunch)
- Newton's Cay Beach (hike to get there but great beaches, snorkeling, and shelling)
- Long Island Breeze Resturaunt (great place for a cold Kalik and lunch, hang out talking to all of the cruisers, fun place)
- Cape Santa Maria Resturaunt (great place for lunch before and after some of their snorkeling trips/boat trips to Sandy Cay)
- Long Island Bonefishing Lodge (DIY fly fishing for bonefish - love it)
- Stella Maris Moonshine Bar (great place for a couple of drinks by the Atlantic beach)
- Stella Maris Cave Party (at night with a band - fun thing to do once per week with the Stella Maris crowd and locals)
- Discovery Quest (eco/adventure tours that are a ball in Deadman's Cay)
Helpful votes: 12/12
Did you find this review helpful?