Lake Forest Retreat is a little piece of Sierra paradise. There is no better place to enjoy relaxing with family and friends than under the shade of Lake Forest Retreat's beautiful aspens. Gather with your loved ones in the beautiful, landscaped courtyard for an evening of barbecuing, tossing the football and soaking in the hot tub. Filled with Old Tahoe charm, Lake Forest Retreat was originally built in 1926 then later remodeled. The home was originally owned by a local interior designer who decorated Lake Forest Retreat with her much admired style, class and warmth. Lake Forest Retreat is separated into 2 residences, the main house, with three bedrooms, and the guest house also with three bedrooms.
Bedroom #1 Queen - main house
Bedroom #2 Full - main house
Bedroom #3 Full - main house
Bedroom #4 Queen - guest house
Bedroom #5 Queen - guest house
Bedroom #6 Twin Over Full Bunk - guest house
Folding twin bed also available in main house, and queen sleeper sofa in guest house.
* Two Beautiful Homes on One Property: Main house is 2300 Square Feet; Guest House is 1100 Square Feet
* Lovely Hardwood Floors & Natural Stone Throughout
* Elegant Riverrock Wood Fireplace in Main House
* Gas Potbelly Fireplace in Guest House
* Stainless Steel Appliances, Granite Countertops, Large Farm Sink, Wine Refrigerator, Thermador Stove in Kitchen
* Outdoor Hot Tub, Gas BBQ, Patio & Deck Dining
* Large, Private & Professionally Landscaped Yard for Snow Castles and Lawn Games
* Both Houses: TV/DVD in Living Rooms, TVs in Master Bedrooms
* Queen Sofa Sleeper in Guest House
* Wireless Internet
* Ping Pong Table (in heated garage in winter and in the yard in summer)
* One Car Garage plus Ample Outdoor Parking
* Inquire About Pets (written permission required)
* Weddings: $2,000 additional site fee, 4 night minimum May, June, September, and October one week minimum in July and August. Please note that pre-approval is required for all events.
* Less Than 9 miles to Squaw Valley Ski Resort, Alpine Meadows and Sledding
* Less than 2 Miles to Tahoe City, Biking & Hiking & Golf
* Only 2 blocks from Lake Front with Beach (Skylandia Park & Beach has Picnic Tables and Walking Trail)
* XC Skiing or Snowshowing along Lakefront and Large Snow Play Area in Enclosed Yard in Winter
* 1/4 mile to Lakeforest Boat Launch
* 2 Blocks Biking Distance to Main Bike Trail into Tahoe City (less than 1 mile away)
* 2 miles to Tahoe XC Ski Center (dog friendly) and a great place for jogging or mountain bike riding in the summer.