Spacious,beautiful,romantic, luminous THIBAULT VILLA in Authentic country Village. Charm with contemporary flair. UK television channels and others (4 satellites), Wi-Fi.
First floor entrance, large dining room, living room, bedroom with double bed. Bathroom with shower and bidet; separate WC. Kitchen with all modern appliances.Second floor: three bedrooms + bathroom with shower and WC. 1 double bed and 1 single; 1queen size bed + large seating area; 1 with twin beds.
PARIS 60 km.Disney,TGV and RER stations (Eurostar &Thalys), MARNE la VALLEE International Business/Designers center: 30'. Paris Airports 45'. Free 4 satellites TV, Wi-Fi, baby furniture. Family, children, businessmen friendly.
Property ONLY AN HOUR from PARIS, 8 km from city of COULOMMIERS.
Fenced in with spacious garden and orchard (2500 square meters) to stroll by, play with children, at harvest time, taste plums and apples. Delightful patio to relax, barbecue and or enjoy your children climbing the old magnolia tree.
Village: SAINTS, (population 1400): dynamic, quaint village which origins can be traced to prehistoric times. Surrounded by plains, gardens, orchards, forests, valleys and rivers.
• Medical building complex (2 doctors, a dentist and a nurse)
• Emergency grocery-bar-tabac-news stand
• 2 large and well-equipped reception lounges ( to be reserved well in advanced)
• Wonderful bakery you will enjoy going to every day.
Various sports fields. Children playground.
Country of International living, we invit you to enjoy our Cultural Exception: Visit our historical monuments, our Museums, our theme Parks, our countryside. Enjoy our gastronomy. Attend our Festivals.
We recommand: PARIS : 60 km/37 miles (you know all about it).
- MAUPERTHUIS (1 km) old Huguenot center: Fountain of particular interest (listed on Historical Register). Friendly family owned restaurant; PARC DES FELINS, wonderful for children: 5 km/3 miles.
- Nearby COULOMMIERS, 8km/5 miles (population 14000): Open air markets (renowned BRIE and COULOMMERS cheeses) Wednesdays and Sundays.Beautiful park,ducks to feed on its river inlet; 16th century ruins.
- MEAUX New fabulous WW1 Museum 20km/15 miles
- MARNE la VALLEE 25 km/18 miles (agglomeration of several villages) with VAL d'EUROPE/The village (largest European shopping and Designer Discount Center and its SEA LIFE Aquarium.
- Battlefields, memorials in CHAMPAGNE area (do go and visit their caves, taste their wine); BELLEAU WOODS, attend their moving ceremonial.
-VAUX Le VICOMTE, painters' spots at BARBIZON
- FONTAINEBLEAU and VERSAILLES, their parks and chateaux, PROVINS, medieval city( all on World Heritage List)
Claudine THIBAULT BARRIERE , the owner, spent many years living abroad, in Canada, India and the USA. Her son Narayan SENGUPTA, still lives in the States with her two charming granddaughters, Mena and Amelie.There, she headed the Fashion Design Department of a College and reached a certain stature in Atlanta as a Designer. She is proud of her multicultural background and on her way back to France, after teaching French to foreign business executives, she opened her family house to guests coming from all over the world.
Her husband, Claude Barriere, a retired judge, writer and icon painter encourages and accompanies her in this latest endeavor.
The property is a family home built in 1952. I spent my teenage years there and returned regularly to visit while living abroad. So did my son. When I inherited it from my parents I felt we had so many souvenirs there that I wanted to keep it for our descendants, improve on it, decorate it farther and share it with guests coming from all over the world
We are so conveniently located and our house, garden and surroundings are most spacious and beautiful. We are always overwhelmed and delighted at everyone's positive and joyful reaction when they enter and leave our villa and we are always there to receive, orient our guests to the house, see them off and make their stay and travel experience as memorable as possible.