My husband and two girls (4,7) along with the Grandparents stayed at this home. Although the vacation was a great success there were some positives and negatives in regards to the house....
1. Gary was very delightful to work with. He was kind, responsive and even had a bottle of wine waiting for us upon arrival!
2. The view was breathtaking!
3. The outdoor space was awesome, the pool was clean and being able to use the kayaks and metal boat were definitely a bonus!
4. The kitchen was a great size and also had breathtaking views!
1.The house is advertised as a 4 bedroom 2 1/2 bathroom which gave everyone their own room and each family a bathroom. Upon arriving though we couldnt find the 4th bedroom and bathroom and after some searching found it out in the detached garage. A HUGE disappointment. The worst part of it all is that i felt deceived since it doesnt say anywhere on the site that it is not actually in the house and when I mentioned my disappointment in an email to Gary, he never once acknowledged my issue, said sorry or anything. Simply replied without addressing my issue at all. With that said, I was NOT a fan of going up the stairs, outside, into the smelly garage every night to take a shower. Just not what I was expecting and my girls were to scared to go out there by themselves so we had to accompany them when they needed to.
2. The house had a very strong odor of men's cologne. It was stronger in some rooms and we tried to figure out what it was from. The girls room with the 2 twin beds had the strongest smell which they didnt care for. The garage bedroom and bathroom also had a smell of tire, rubber and cologne. Not very refreshing.
3. The bathroom in the garage is in need of a new shower curtain, liner and rings. It is pretty gross.
4. The house in general is pretty clean but i would guess that the $100 cleaning fee is not going towards a 'professional' cleaner but rather the owners. It just wasnt what I expected as we found some dead bugs in cabinets, on the kitchen floor, in the bathtubs. Nothing tragic but I didnt get the feeling that a cleaning crew had been in recently to prepare the house.
All in all the vaca was a success and like I said before Gary was easy to work with. Perhaps my expecations to were just to high but you get what you pay for and this house is priced very well!
Helpful votes: 5/6
Did you find this review helpful?