An immaculate home has everything needed for a wonderful visit to Niagara-on-the-Lake.
Offering a sitting room with real wood burning fireplace, adjoining dining area, a family room with fireplace and three bedrooms and two bathrooms. One bedroom is on the ground floor with ensuite bathroom, and two on the 2nd floor. All tastefully furnished with mix of modern and antique furnishings. It accommodates 6/8 people.
This charming vacation home is just (0.1 kms 100 yards) to shops, theatres, dining, Lake Ontario, parks etc. With its large two level deck, fully fenced gardens and surrounded by mature trees, it offers to a group of friends or family a wonderful spot for a get together.
Formerly known as Thistledown Cottage, its now called Abel Thomas House.
Located in the heart of Old Town Niagara on the Lake, on a quiet street where you can sit on the porch and watch horse drawn carriages clip-clop past, showing visitors the beauty of the homes, the gardens and historic sites of the Battle of 1812, and just a five minute walk from ‘home’ brings you to the shores of Lake Ontario where you can watch sailing races on a warm summers evening, and see what National Geographic describes as “One of the 10 most beautiful sunsets in the world”.
• Accommodates 6-8 people.
• You will love this immaculate home which is tastefully decorated and furnished, and supplied with all you need for a relaxing vacation or getaway in “the most beautiful town in Canada”; it’s centrally air conditioned for your comfort and is located just a stones throw (0.1 kms 100 yards) from shops, theatres, dining, parks etc
• Two sitting rooms - one on the ground floor with seating for eight people, a real wood burning fireplace, flat screen HDTV with satellite, a Nintendo Wii console with various games and two remotes.
• The dining area accommodates a group of 6-8 people for those wonderful family/friends gatherings; where you can sit back, enjoy the food, the company and maybe some Niagara Wine!!
• The second sitting room is on the lower level complete with a fireplace, HDTV, a library of books, board games and magazines.
• The fully equipped kitchen has all the utensils you’ll need to prepare meals: crockery, glasses, stove, microwave, dishwasher, blender, toaster, electric mixer, coffee maker, kettle, cappuccino machine, a large electric griddle to prepare pancakes for the group! All you need are groceries (available from the local supermarket, a 5 minute walk away or 2 minute drive)
• Three bedrooms, one on the ground floor (queen size bed) with ensuite bathroom and French doors leading out onto large 2 level deck (ideal for anyone with slight mobility concerns, as everything is on one level), and two bedrooms on the 2nd floor (one with a queen size bed and the other with 2 twin beds). All have luxurious tempur-pedic pillow top mattresses. A comfy sofa bed is available to accommodate two extra people (maximum 8 people in the house).
• Two 3-piece bathrooms on the ground floor, both with in-tub showers.
• Laundry room with washer and dryer, detergent supplied.
• The secluded fully fenced back garden is flower filled, and surrounded by mature trees, it has a large two level deck with patio table and chairs; a gazebo with wicker furniture; and a propane barbecue, or a great place for a group of friends or family to just have fun!
• Wireless internet; telephone; linens and towels; hair dryers in each bathroom; complimentary toiletries; washer and dryer, laundry supplies; iron and ironing board, propane barbecue are all supplied. Travel crib and booster seat for children is available on request. Coffee, tea, sugar are supplied.
• Take a stroll in the evening to one of the wonderful restaurants, visit an English or Irish style pub, or sit outside one of the sidewalk cafe's and watch the world go by, no need to drive, you are within a couple of minutes walk of all of these attractions.
One mature, well trained dog is permitted, please contact us for conditions.
0.1 km from town centre (100 yards)
Fully licensed as a cottage rental by the Town of Niagara-on-the-Lake and member of the Niagara-on-the-Lake Chamber of Commerce.