Simply Real Bali – Deluxe Villa Surya.
Elegant by design, Villa Surya is a secluded hideaway open all year round. Combining casual comfort with grace and simplicity it is where the ‘Real’ Bali can still be found. The villa is an oasis of tranquility on the Eastern Bali Coast with a spectacular view of holy Mt. Agung, emerald green paddy fields and deep azure oceans. Set back 200 meters from the ocean the beaches are only a short 2 minute walk away. The upper mezzanine is the ideal place to view all this splendour & also to have those intimate alfresco meals during the endless tropical nights.
The pool seating area surrounding the large 20 meter infinity swimming pool built of native Balinese green stone is placed in the middle of a freshwater plant and fish habitat, shaded by coconut, banana and fragrant frangipani trees. There is also a very romantic 13 meter swimming pool with mood lighting and a meditation island.
Our full time Balinese housekeeping staff will gently cater to your wishes starting with a complete breakfast & then throughout the day. Driver with car available.
You Will Love Bali:: Bali and its unique way of life, the lovely, gentle people and the centuries old religion and culture which preach of a unity between nature and life without demanding that anyone else take part or believe, but simply just respect it and them.
The 'true' Bali can be found down every little lane or within each family compound and in the laughing faces of the hordes of happy and well-mannered children or even in the passing women their heads towering high with offerings for the gods or the days gathered produce.
We put Villa Surya as close to the middle of this as possible, near the working village of Jasri where every morning the farmers pass by the villa on the way to their fields and every evening the local families come down to bath in the river - sometimes 4 and 5 to a motorbike but always happy to see you and eager to just chat about their lives and yours.
Local Attractions:: • Mount Agung – (3142 meters high) about 30 km away and the temperature difference is about 20C – colder!
• Pura Besakih – about 36km, Mother Temple of Hinduism (Balinese) a vast temple complex playing a major role in the religious life of every Balinese
• Tirta Gangga – Water Palace, weekend retreat of the last Rajah of Karangasem about 5km
• Ujung – Water Palace number 2 only 3km away – rebuilt by the World Bank, so well worth a visit.
• Pantai Putih – White sandy beach – one of the most well-known beaches on the island – 5km away and a good contrast to the black sand of the other beaches.
• Amlapura's authentic Balinese market is the center of local life and a source of tropical fruits and produce. Buy anything you fancy there and our staff will happily prepare it for you with flair and Balinese flavour.
• Tenganan – 15km, the original Bali Aga village (living museum) and a good place to find local textiles such as double ikat.