Three sisters stay in cozy home
1. Owner responded promptly to emails and phone calls during the inquiry process.
2. House was clean and recently remodeled. Yard was well maintained (photos do not do the house or yard justice).
3. Adequate off street parking for several vehicles. Neighborhood safe.
4. Wonderful central location with good access to the expressway and ferry. A toll pass card (the toll bridge to New Orleans costs $1.00) was at the house but no explanation of what it was or how to use it. The Gretna ferry was closed and parking at the Algiers ferry was $10-$20 depending on the day.
5. New Orleans is amazing: a dream for tourist.
Would have liked the following:
1. Better understanding of check in process, did not know where to find the keys and the landlord was not at home when we arrived. Very little contact with the landlord.
2. Would have liked a welcoming book (found at all other homes we have rented) to explain the amenities (the thermostat took three days to figure out), equipment (tv, videogame console...), a copy of the rental agreement, a list of local restaurants and stores... Wifi/internet was very erratic and could only be consistently accessed in one bedroom.
Did not have local maps (as stated on the home page) and the schedule of local events was one year old.
3. Lack of furniture: no kitchen table, no floor lamps in the living room, no side tables in the living room, in one bedroom there was no bedside table or reading lamps. The home page states it will sleep eight, rental agreement states 6 but only enough seating for 4 in the living room. There were 4 bar stools and a bar height table in the living room (not enough to accomodate 6-8 people and not comfortable for older people).
I would not recommend this for older people who find it uncomfortable to sit on bar stools with no backs; to sit on low, deep seated, soft sofa and use reading lamps.
The yard was beautiful but no outdoor furniture.
4. We bought two fans, some folding chairs, washcloths to make our stay more comfortable.
5. In the kitchen there were paper plates, bowls, styrofoam cups. No baking pans and limited microwavable dishes but did have adequate pots and pans, knives, utensils. Appreciated the bottled water and coffee, filter, creamer and sweeteners, salt and pepper, dishwashing soap.
There was no laundry soap even though it was listed on the home page
Owner's Response: Thanks so much for taking the time to share your review of your recent stay at our property. I had the opportunity to chat with your sister when she arrived at the house minutes before the check-in time. The house keeper was still in the house and I indicated to her that the keys would’ve been left in the mailbox at 3:00 pm. I wish you would have contacted me, regardless of the time, in order that I could have corrected any problems with the WiFi, explained to you how to operate the thermostat and/or provided laundry soap. I’m always available in the event any of our valued guests have issues or special requests staying with us. I apologize that you didn’t have a welcoming book as you expected. A binder with documentation which explains how to use the house amenities is now available to all our guests, we also added a dining table with four chairs as can be seen on the updated pictures. We take great pride in the cleanliness of the house so the fact that you highlighted this in your review is a huge compliment. We are blessed with awesome guests like yourself who highlight the high points of our vacation home and provide us helpful feedback in order to allow us to improve. Thanks again for your review and your business.
Helpful votes: 3/4
Did you find this review helpful?