UNSUITABLE: dirty and appalling conditions
The issues with this property are as follows:
- Stench of mold and mildew unbearable. Extreme moisture (humidifier to be emptied 5-10 times per day, cannot open lower floor windows - no screens.
- Mouse droppings in kitchen cupboards, piled behind beds and bedroom corners
- Dog excrement all over the lawn when we arrived (someone came to clean it up)
- Worm-like insects all over lower floor bathroom
- Extremely dirty floors, baseboards, windowsills
- Mildew and stench on shower curtains
- Food in dishwasher when we arrived, dishwasher did not adequately clean our dishes
- Most chairs outside were broken
- Supplied life jackets are too dirty to use
- Inside of fridge and freezer not clean
- Inside oven is very dirty, when used causes burning smell and smoke
- Table cloth covered in dried food when we arrived
- Electrical outlet in bunk bed room burn out and an EXTREME safety hazard
- Screened in porch unsafe - would be very easy for toddler or small child to push through the loose and broken screening and fall.
- Deck is unsafe for kids - gaps in vertical spindles VERY wide
- Pots and pans should be thrown out and replaced. Not acceptable.
This renter charges a cleaning fee but this house has obviously not been cleaned in quite some time. Someone appears to change the sheets and put out clean towels. We were not comfortable showering in this house. I petitioned to have my cleaning fee returned to me and it was. I asked for part of my rental fee to be returned but the owner did not even acknowledge that request. I don't know who has left the positive reviews for this property but they do not seem to reflect the same house I stayed in.
Also be aware this house is on a very busy, noisy road, and the path to the water is steep and gravelly. Very slippery. Even if this house were in acceptable condition, it is not suitable for small children.
My fellow travelers and I did not feel that this house was in an acceptable condition to be rented. This property is NOT as advertised. We should have left but we kept thinking it would get better. We had all driven so far to meet in the middle of our Canadian and US homes. We should have found a hotel.
Owner's Response: Unfortunately, we visited our property over the Labor Day weekend with 3 generations, and there were no issues. Every room was freshly cleaned and ready for our whole family stay. The property manager and our cleaning crew mentioned that it is definitely not "TrumpTowers", and it is a lakefront cottage for nature lovers, who love boating, fishing, and unbelievable sunsets on the lake.
Helpful votes: 0/1
Did you find this review helpful?