We hoped for the best
I was very dissatisfied with the condition of the vacation rental.
I was very happy with the location.
The vacation rental was clean.
The property manager was very unhelpful.
Overall, I do not recommend this vacation rental.
I waited a week to write this, hoping the Property Manager, Lisa P., would respond to our problems with the house, but she didn't. On our first night, it was very cold, so we put on the gas fireplace and then the furnace. When we went to bed, we turned everything off but the carbon monoxide sensors started to ring and wouldn't stop. We called Acme and were told that no one could come that night so we were asked to move to another vacant property which we had to find by ourselves in the middle of the night. In the morning we returned to our rental and I called Acme and asked to speak to the Manager on Duty. The Receptionist said she would call us back and that a maintenance person was on his way. He discovered the fumes from the chimney had been trapped in the fine mesh over the top of the chimney and was pushing these fumes back into the house (dangerous) and did rectify the problem. We also discovered the dishwasher was broken and wouldn't be fixed during our stay, though we had not been told this and Acme knew we rented this property to host a birthday party for 12 people on one of our nights. We felt these 2 issues warranted a reimbursement of some of our rental cost as we had been very inconvenienced. We did not hear from Lisa about this, though I left a message saying we wanted to discuss some reimbursement. On arriving home, I wrote to her twice and did not get a response. Very unfortunate and poor client service. Other minor issues: carpet in master bathroom dirty on arrival and torn, gas knob on stove broken and inoperable, lights over stove not working, espresso machine featured in all kitchen pictures not there, can opener broken which we had to run out and replace during our dinner party. Obviously this vacation was anything but.
Owner's Response: Unfortunately, the carbon monoxide sensor alarms did go off during the renter's stay after 11 p.m. at night. Because it was so late at night, we felt the best resolution would be to move the renter to another property to ensure everyone's safety. Although we do mobilize to solve any issue during a renter's stay, there can be issues that no one can forsee such as this, and our rental contracts clearly states that we will do our best to resolve any issue within our power to do so.
The next morning our Maintenance Manager and also the Owner of ACME House Co. visited the property to check the carbon monoxide issue. The problem was fixed and resolved within a couple of hours and the renters returned to their vacation home safely.
The dishwasher did break down and we responded immediately by ordering a new part to replace the broken one. This did result in the dishwasher being out of service until the new part arrived, and we apologize if not having the convenience of a dishwasher made for a stressful vacation.
Regarding the renter's request for reimbursement, we did correspond with the renter and offer a reimbursement solution, which was ultimately declined by the renter.
We do thank each reviewer for their feedback as we strive to make every vacation a perfect stay for our clients.
Helpful votes: 4/4
Did you find this review helpful?