Exactly as described
This lovely secluded 2 bedroom cottage is exactly as described.
It is ideally suited to 2 couples or a family happy to be away from hustle and bustle, yet only a 10 min walk into the very small town of Pella and its local restaurants and ferry.
Nice little touches included the inclusion of nice fluffly white towels, hairdryer, disposable razor and a wrap for sitting outside on cold evenings. Thankyou. The little things made a difference.
Michelle even rang on our day of arrival to ensure we had arrived and found everything as arranged, which we had.
We would recommend:
* Dining at local restaurant: Imbarcadero
* Shopping at Omegna market on Thursdays. There's also a supermarket just one town further south (San Maurizio, I think), for stocking up on arrival.
* Catching the ferry to Isola San Giulio and Orta San Giulio and climbing to the top of the hill to Riserva Naturale del Sacro Monte di Orta. On a sunny day the view was amazing!
* A glass of wine and lunch at Ristorante San Giulio, on the island
* Driving around the lake
* Swimming in Lake Orta
* Gelato from the Old Tower, Pella
Admittedly, a car is required to really discover the surrounding area.
At Omegna there is a tourist office with walking maps of the area. One day we drove to Piana di Forno and walked along a beautiful marked trail to Campello Monti. The trail went through forests, farms, hamlets and even through someone's yard as we followed the river up the valley.
We didn't get around to using the bikes available for our use in the garage.
The steep climb up to the house from the street may not be possible for people with disabilities.
The ONLY negative to our stay was the noise from the construction of neighbouring houses. That's totally out of the owners' control and will hopefully be finished soon. It didn't detract from our wonderful stay.
I had also totally forgotten about the wonderful sound of all the church bells!
Michelle and Paolo have a hidden gem in this wonderfully quiet location with outstanding views.
Families with Teenagers,
Families with Young Children,
Helpful votes: 11/11
Did you find this review helpful?