This 120-year-old historic home in the center of Bass Harbor village on Mount Desert Island has a front house that is occupied by the owners, Barbara & Bill Evans, and a back house that is the rental unit.
The rental unit is clean, sunlit and comfortable--a quiet country outpost from which to enjoy all that Mt. Desert Island and Acadia have to offer.
The rental features:
• Two-story gabled duplex, sleeps four upstairs plus two on a pull-out couch. Great for a small family.
• Living room, eat-in kitchen (full-size refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher)
• Two bedrooms on 2nd floor with two twin beds in each (linens included), plus two full baths.
• Small deck with a view of Bass Harbor, which is about 300 feet away.
• WIFI, cable TV, washer/dryer and charcoal grill are provided.
• 1 mile from Bass Harbor Light.
• 12-minute drive to Acadia National Park.
• 10-minute drive to shops & restaurants of Southwest Harbor.
• Minutes to Echo Lake, hiking trails, swimming, boating, golf, fishing.
• Free island shuttle to Bar Harbor and other points of interest. Shuttle stops every hour on the hour.
Keywords: acadia, island, view, hideaway, house, harbor view, Mt. Desert Island, Maine,
We live in the Philadelphia area and have been coming to Mount Desert Island (MDI) since 1991. We love the character of Bass Harbor village--the slower pace of life here, the sound of the bell buoys on the water, and the unique beauty and history of MDI. There's no place in the world like it!
Bass Harbor is a active fishing village with a mix of vacationers and year-round residents. We love that our side of the island--the 'Quiet Side'--is not busy or commercial, but has held onto the original character of the area.