The aqua and turquoise crystal clear water is breathtaking! This gorgeous Villa overlooking the Bay leaves you wanting nothing more!
Our group of 7, my husband and me, 3 'kids' 18-23 yrs old, plus two friends, had a fantastic week here! We brought an aerobed for #7, and there was plenty of space for us all. It's beautifully decorated and appointed- full kitchen, linens, washer/dryer, and grill all made our week easy. Even a water cooler to reduce bottled water waste!
Our favorites of the week: (besides the Villa and manicured grounds of February Point)
- Snorkeling- exceptional, right in the bay, and across to Stocking Island. Abundance of conch, starfish, sand dollars, rays, colorful fish, turtles, and coral.
- Boat rental from Minns- Great to explore Elizabeth Harbour, restaurants and beaches.
- Local people- so friendly, helpful, mix with visitors while dining, drinking, fishing, dancing.
- Weather-stayed in the 70s-80s. Maybe a quick rainshower to keep things green, but low humidity and gentle breezes.
- Bonefishing with local guide- only room for 2 adults, but challenging and fun experience.
- Well maintained tennis courts on property.
- Local fish fry huts, restaurants, bars. Not a culinary mecca, but good fresh conch, lobster and grilled chicken in and around George Town. Keep expectations of food and service moderate and you'll enjoy the island ambiance!
- Tropic of Cancer Beach- isolated, pristine, remarkable views.
- Bahamian currency is 1:1 US. Many stores/restaurants charged 3-5% for credit card use, so we used the convenient 2 banks in town to get cash.
- Car rental is easy at the airport, and with one main road on the island, super easy to find your way! (Drive on the left!) Without a car, town is a doable 10 minute walk from the villa.
We will definitely come back! The hospitality of the owners, on-site concierge, and local islanders can't be beat. We have much more to explore.
Families with Teenagers,
Families with Young Children,
Did you find this review helpful?